'Permit for Single Machine Supply'

General vintage slot machine related topics.
coppinpr

Re: 'Permit for Single Machine Supply'

Post by coppinpr »

talking about 'bots, you have just used 2 words that will surely be picked up by GCHQ...d--onators & b-mbs in the same sentence
you are quite right, both UK and american anti terror depts WILL spot the mentions on our forum and almost certainly will contact Ebay about the sale of the detonator so dont expect to sell another one :tut
steinslots

Post by steinslots »

It is far easier for governments to create rumors which induce paranoia among the people. I doubt that our cash-strapped forces have the capability, or indeed the resources to monitor every internet transmission and then send round a bunch of special Op's, armed with anti-terror grenades whenever someone mentions the word "bomb", there's too much red-tape involved anyway.

A few years ago people actually believed TV detector vans were real, and much like our bomb and detonator scenario there was plausible evidence that such detection technology did exist in crude form - but nothing practical enough to use seriously.

I'm sure if you were to request the figures under the "freedom of information act" of how many people have been questioned and charged for using terrorist related words such as "conspiracy", "overthrow" & "Downing Street" in the same sentence they would amount to very few prosecutions. They are far more concerned with what the bad guys are planning for us...........
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

in this you are wrong, certainly in the US.. I never said they would send people round to arrest you for using the word "bomb" but they do use complex search bots to track almost every forum in europe,the middle east and the US to flag up key words and phrases used in one sentence, after much auto vetting the stand out items get passed to human(well FBI agents) who discard or take action on the very small number of possible terror related finds. I know this because I know two people who work on this, not FBI but in the programming in USA.
THe US is totally paranoid about this kind of thing and spends billions a year on this and similar projects. Its money wasted in my view but if you spend a lot of time in the US you soon realise they all think there is a Muslim (they think all Muslims are terrorists) hiding under every bed. My guess is that the detonator on ebay is just the sort of thing that will get to an agent who will then simply call ebay and warn them about it,thats all
jonesthegarage

Post by jonesthegarage »

well, as is so often the case we have gone completely off topic in a few posts in a "word association" way so here's my totally irrelevant twopenn'orth

When J. Edgar Hoover decided the FBI should have a motto he put it out to the staff for suggestions, and the rather clever winner came up with Fidelity, Bravery, Integrity

no doubt some of you will remember our a similar version of our own CID (Coppers in Disguise)
steinslots

Post by steinslots »

Seriously though. Thanks for the info coppinpr.

Iv'e also been informed via my forensic contacts at the University that there is an algorithm in use by UK police forces which monitors trends in mobile phone activity and was originally set-up to monitor terrorist cells but can also used to locate the source of drug suppliers.
The terrorism act also brought about a requirement for mobile phone data to be stored by the host companies for at least 6 months.
This "Data" I believe included GPS position data, dates and times of calls, and I think text message contents as well.
The integration of this technology in the UK has also made it possible for police forces to use mobile phone data as evidence for non terrorism related crimes (although a warrant is required to access the contents of text messages). For instance, in 2012 a Leicester woman was successfully prosecuted (and jailed) for death by careless driving based on evidence from her phone's GPS position data archive, which located her car's position and direction whilst simultaneously recording her pressing "send" followed by the text data. It successfully traced her car's movements as she ploughed into the helpless motorist in the lay-by.
steinslots

Post by steinslots »

jingle

Post by jingle »

Them firework forums are in for a shock then !OMFG!
steinslots

Post by steinslots »

If you have nothing to hide then you should have nothing to fear.
We are still at high risk from attack. It's a shame we don't hear about every attempt which is foiled. We have one of the most intelligent security forces on this planet but sooner or later something is gonna break through the net. We as a nation are so multi-culturally afraid of appearing racist or anti it is likely to be our down-fall. I personally think what is happening in the Far East should be a warning to us. Since the extremists consider even Atheists to be "infidels" we are all vulnerable. Our security forces know that a single low-technology attack on certain civilian installations is enough to cripple a town and leave it wide open to subsequent infiltration by the enemy.

I have said too much......