ebay bad news...the US WILL rule the world, if we let them

General vintage slot machine related topics.
raj

ebay bad news...the US WILL rule the world, if we let them

Post by raj »

just picked this up in the tiny print from thiefbay..time to get very inventive I think. Ideas on a postcard to a secret address in Bali. !!ESCAPE!!

On 2 September 2014, the maximum final value fee for private sellers will increase from £75 to £250. This change will only impact listings with a sale price of £750 and above (or £937.50 and above for private sellers with a Basic Shop) and will affect items listed from 2 September 2014 onwards.
coppinpr

Re: ebay bad news...the US WILL rule the world, if we let th

Post by coppinpr »

Not good news, but it wont impact or hobby greatly as few of us sell a machine for £2500 which is where the top figure would come into play. As it stands now we would pay £75 on a sale of £750 after the change this will still be the same, a sale of £900 would cost you an extra £15.
Ebay already makes huge profits already so this increase is just greed but it wont effect us too much, other sellers who average sales of £1500 or more will be the big losers with their costs rising by between 100% and 333% !
clubconsoles

Post by clubconsoles »

eBay have shot themselves in the foot through nothing more than pure greed.
We all know that any thing north of a decent high top never lasts the duration of the auction anyway!
Who can blame sellers from pulling the auction for a cash offer and too hell with eBays extortion fees.
Coventry and Elephant house must be delighted with this news, eBay is nothing more than a shop window for us slotties now!
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

I guess still a lot cheaper than auction houses who seem to be increasing their charges across the board. All my local one's have increased their charges over the last two years. Once 15% was a premium charge, whereas they seem to be mostly around 20%. Makes Coventry and Elephant good value.......
As said before it would be great for a competitor against ebay to come along, but I suspect it is too late, what ever happened to "Ebid" real shame