General vintage slot machine related topics.
margamatix

Re: New topic please

Postby margamatix » Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:51 pm

Anonymous wrote:Can the administrator or moderator create a new topic for these bandit posts, as has already been suggest and move all these message to that topic. This is an interesting subject, but is nothing to do with Allwin Skill. It should have a topic to itself. (and then delete this message)

Site Admin: Yes, I wanted to split this, but the two topics are so entwined there's no way without making it (even more) incomprehensible.

Well, that seems to have killed the topic stone-dead.

Could we not make it a rule that people have to register before they can post?

Bent Copper

Re: New topic please

Postby Bent Copper » Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:21 am

margamatix wrote:Well, that seems to have killed the topic stone-dead.
Could we not make it a rule that people have to register before they can post?
That's a bit of an extreme reaction. Any registered poster could have suggested the same thing. It's not the poster's fault that the topic was hijacked, he's only suggesting the glaringly obvious. I myself suggested that a new topic be created when I could see what was about to happen. Unfortunately, the administrators failed to deal with it then and the inevitable happened. Now, nobody knows whether this topic is about Allwins or Bandits.

Why a new Bandit Skill topic can't be created and the Bandit posts moved to it, I don't know. If they can't be moved, then the administrators should create a new topic and post a red message here along the lines of "This topic for the discussion of Allwin Skill only. All Bandit Skill discussion to take place here [link]" and then we would know what's going on.

When the topics have been split, then we might be able to get back to meaningful discussion again on both subjects, but if truth were told, maybe we've said all there is to be said?