Ball past arrow

General vintage slot machine related topics.
junior

Ball past arrow

Post by junior »

Hi, I've just joined. I have a brenner ball past the arrow. I would be grateful if any body could help with information about the spring that fires the ball bearing round the track I don't have that spring and help with length,gage ,thickness and even photo would be great so I can enjoy my machine . Thanks
treefrog

Re: Ball past arrow

Post by treefrog »

Hi Junior, I believe we met yesterday at the Elephant.....assuming my machine is the same type as there appears to be a few with this machine and I do not know if this affected the lower mechanism...below are piccies of mine.....It is a beefy spring, 13cm long excluding the hooks and about 13mm in diameter, Hope this helps ...Welcome by the way to the forum
Attachments
spring1.jpg
spring2.jpg
junior

Post by junior »

Thanks I now know roughly what's needed May be there's a spring on a bandit that could be used to do the job . It would be good to have it working
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

I can't think of a bandit sprint similar as most of this size, tend to be strong springs to operate the the mech. This has to stretch right across the width of the machine and most. Also even if a little week as with all Allwins, there is a chain one end to allow adjustment selecting different links to increase or decrease as needed.

Other allwin springs maybe suitable.....

The below seller on ebay has lots of springs....eg the one below is about right I reckon. The thicker the wire, the stronger the tension, mine is around 1mm, maybe slightly more

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tension-sprin ... 1c386b2d20
junior

Post by junior »

I will contact them thanks again for your help
raj

Post by raj »

wow, these are seriously expensive bits of wire, & £4 for a pound shop brush and pan set.
I'll have a search through my boxes of springs to see if I have any of the right size.
junior

Post by junior »

Being fairly new to the world of collecting machines it's good to have help and knowledge from others . Thanks