General vintage slot machine related topics.
coppinpr

The Forum's yearly check up

Postby coppinpr » Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:25 am

For the past few years I have spent just 10 mins around the time of the forums birthday checking to see how healthy it is (Im two weeks early this year as I will be in Sicily on the actual birthday.
So here is this years "State of the forum"

The forum will be 12 years old this November.
There were 200 new members in the last year against 216 in the previous year (the average for the forums lifetime is 89 per year).
The best months for new arrivals were Nov (23) Apr (21) and Oct (20).
The worst was Feb (10).
Of the new 200, 111 have yet to make a post (this is not unusual when you consider that over 40% of ALL post EVER posted on the forum were made by just 5 people).

The forum is clearly very healthy. but as with us all, age-related problems need to be addressed.

As with all forums they live or die by their activity - the more posts of any kind (even the loosely related rubbish like this that I post ) keeps the forum popular. Take a look at the most used slot forum in the USA - it's crap compared to Pennymachines: the average reply time there is about a month!

So come on guys - put a little time into the forum we get so much out of. Tips for newcomers, photos of machines you own or have seen, just to keep the ball rolling.
The last month has been particularly bad with a massive slump in the number of posts and at a time the forum is usually busy.
Photos are particularly good for generating interest. I was surprised to find that, other than Galleries, there are only 168 images related to 27000 posts!!

Once again, I would like to thank (as we all should) Mr.P and the moderators for the time and effort they put in to make this, without doubt, the best slot-related forum on the net. !THANKS!

badpenny
Forum Moderator

Re: The forums yearly check up

Postby badpenny » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:34 am

Well said that man! :cool:

john t peterson

Re: The Forum's yearly check up

Postby john t peterson » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:19 am

Hear, hear! Coppinpr and all the good people who are Pennymachines.

I salute you! !!GOODJOB!!

J Peterson
Pennies from heaven in America

slotalot

Postby slotalot » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:21 am

And we salute right back.... /\UK/\
fredscuttlebennyhill1.jpg

arrgee

Postby arrgee » Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:34 pm

Well done coppinpr - and of course a big thank you to PM, and the moderator crew. !!THUMBSX2!!