New to Forum

General vintage slot machine related topics.
pigeons21

New to Forum

Post by pigeons21 »

Hi everyone,
I've been interested and collected in the past coin machines, mostly vending, but I do like the model machines too. I'm interested in perhaps getting one either original or a good replica. I came across a site called Vintagearcades. They look nice. I'd be interested to know if anyone has had one of their machines. Also, I am thinking of going to one of those auctions to have a look. It's new to me so I hope I fit in with it all. I tried posting something on here yesterday but I think I messed up a bit as it was not on here this morning, so I try again. Anyway, any advice would be great.
Thanks.
john t peterson

Re: New to Forum

Post by john t peterson »

Welcome to Pennymachines, Pigeons21. You are joining the community of knowledgeable, kind-hearted blokes and lasses who share their passion for these machines of past years with all who venture here. Others will offer their opinion of Vintagearcades, I'm sure. I would recommend that you attend the upcoming annual auction at Coventry if at all possible. It would provide a great start to your knowledge of British arcade in addition to meeting some of the nicest people your side of the Atlantic.

As we say in my Navy, "Welcome aboard.!"

J Peterson
Welcoming Committee - American sector
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Hi Pigeons21, and I add my welcomes along with John.

I have no personal experience of the company you mention, but we did have a conversation running here about it and its owner.
If you follow this Link you'll find it and be able to make your own decisions.

All the best

BP
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

before you down the vintagearcades route you might like to take a look at these, on sale now in the south of England, I and at least one other forum member have bought machines from this man, who is selling the contents of his arcade, there are (or were) at least 5 stand-up machines.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/bargemans/m.h ... 7675.l2562
pigeons21

Post by pigeons21 »

Hi everyone,
Thank you for your advice and for the link you sent with the Arcade closing down and selling the machines. I rather like the American Execution machine. I just love those stand up models. I see there's a pussy shooter for sale as well. I wonder if that one suffers the gun fault I remember as a child - the gun did not always fire that ball. I also used the link you sent to the discussion on vintagearcades site. I understand when reading that one member says they did not have anything to do with that cabinet and their work was really good and the fortune thing they were selling for someone else. The only point with them is they make replicas but I did notice they do refurbish machines. I might telephone them today about the refurbished Wizard machine. Also, I might contact the chap selling that American Execution machine. Be a great Christmas box for myself.
Well thank you all for your advice once again. I will keep you informed on my directions.
pigeons21

Post by pigeons21 »

Hi All just an up date looking forward to going to next auction been having a good look around manage to pick up a old Polo Mint in poor state but nice. Also telephoned that vintage Arcades Place And managed to pop down and take a look that guy has some nice stuff and to my surprise does have few restored machines. I really like the wizard and the lighthouse his got there and I must say pleasant chap to speak to. Shame he is retiring from it soon.
I am going also to see if I can get my self to the next Coventry auction as well only trouble with this hobby is its very addictive. Well that's about it for now suppose have to concentrate on her indoors and Christmas
Byeee for now,.