My auction chances in tatters again

General vintage slot machine related topics.
glittering-prize67

My auction chances in tatters again

Post by glittering-prize67 »

I was hoping to get to an auction this year, but seems I've been foiled again. The new car is being an expensive pain in the butt and to top that our rather horrible looking front yard is having a serious and expensive overhaul. I might win the lotto though. Plus I've had to sell 5 machines to get the car in the garage to work on it. And almost forgot, her indoors was fed up with polishing the glass dining table so we have just had a new solid oak one with four red leather chairs. Once again not cheap. I must get a well paid job :!?!:
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Re: my auction chances in tatters again

Post by badpenny »

You've not had much luck with cars recently.
Didn't you only buy this one in the last twelve months, what was it again? :o
glittering-prize67

Re: My auction chances in tatters again

It's a Chrysler 300c. Got it in March last year. I have had to completely rebuild all the brakes as they were seized and worn to metal. How it passed an MOT I will never know. We have only done 4000 miles in it. That's garage servicing for you. So a quick run down, new discs and pads all round, both handbrake actuators seized and one was upside down, I managed to clean them up and re-fit. New handbrake shoes and mounting kit, front drivers side calliper rebuild, front pass side sliding pin rebuild on calliper carrier. Of course it's been Xmas and had to wait for some parts. It's been ongoing for for weeks. I was only fitting discs and pads. But a bloomin' good job I did check them. The moral of the story is, whatever you pay for a car, check everything. The fact it's been MOT'd and serviced means jack s**t. :evil:
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Ooooopsy!............ Is it a Hemi ?

Personally I prefer the 1957 model.
Attachments
phoca_thumb_l_1957 Chrysler 300C Hardtop.jpg
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

But think of all the restoration fun you're having. :NBG:
glittering-prize67

Not a Hemi, I'm towing so it's diesel, otherwise I would need a mortgage to get to Skeggy. Mine is 3.0 turbo diesel. I prefer the 57 one, but not in our weather.
jonesthegarage

Post by jonesthegarage »

Just out of interest, I read somewhere when the new one came out in 2004/2005 that it was loosely based on the design of the Rover P5. You best look after yours because the newer model doesn't have the estate version and rumour has it the SRT-8 for all you midlife crisis boy racers is also being discontinued.
glittering-prize67

It looks more Bently based to me. Rovers in my view were not that good. I do know it's got a Merc engine and gearbox. I would say parts are expensive, but most car bits are.