General vintage slot machine related topics.
coppinpr

Re: Vintage slot machine sounds wanted

Postby coppinpr » Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:04 pm

John, the guy who wanted to record slot sounds came to my house today and recorded about 14 different machines. A really nice guy who, although his job is as a sound engineer in the theatre and he uses the recordings for that, plans to build up a vintage fairground in sound only. He was happy with the recordings and I was more than happy with the payment, which will come in handy as I'm off to Istanbul for a week on Monday. !!YIPPEE!!

john t peterson

Postby john t peterson » Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:02 pm

Nice work, coppinpr. The wider the dissemination of information on this amazing hobby, the better the chance of inspiring the next generation of collectors. We are not owners of British coin operated history, merely custodians. !!CHEERS!!

J Peterson
American Custodian

badpenny
Forum Moderator

Postby badpenny » Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:36 pm

Speak for yourself John, I own mine, they're mine ... all mine you hear? Hwa ha ha ha! !!RANT!!

Unless, of course the rozzers come knocking on my door asking to see all my single machine permits in case I've ever fixed any of them !OMFG!

In which case I'm totally custodian'ing them for a certain Mr John Son of Peter over in Americaland.

soundmanjohn

Postby soundmanjohn » Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:23 pm

John L here: just got back from that session and had a great time recording and chatting. I'll be editing up the recordings over the next few days in between doing the odd thunder effect and leg-sawing-off noises for my current show ("Mr. Foote's Other Leg" at Hampstead Theatre, if anyone's interested) and hope to get some more recordings in the near future. By the way, I have the means to transcribe 78 rpm shellac discs using a transcription turntable with a digital output and am happy to offer that as a service should anyone want to take advantage. It would have to be done here in London, really, as transporting all the kit is a bit tricky, but there would be no charge and the recording would be made available to anyone who wanted them, and probably would also find a home at The National Sound Archive, which would be good thing, I think.

Thanks, and all the best,

John

gameswat

Postby gameswat » Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:48 pm

John, I'm very interested how this "78 rpm shellac discs using a transcription turntable with a digital output" works in practice? I've always found wax or foil recordings produced a much clearer digi output! !SERANADE!