Buckley criss cross

General vintage slot machine related topics.
sarg

Buckley criss cross

Post by sarg »

Just had a look on Elephant House and seen a very nice looking Buckley criss cross coming up. Looking back on previous auction results its come up before but in a different colour.

Can't find much info about them, anyone own the same or similar any info would be nice.

Thanks
Attachments
image.jpg
treefrog

Re: Buckley criss cross

Post by treefrog »

Do a search on this site and you will find a number of threads on Buckley, another American manufacturer, similar to Mills machines, in fact I suspect they copied the design.

You're right about this machine, as it sold in February auction for £480 and was bright blue, apparently nicely restored and now it is a darker blue. Ha ha, people are funny... what is that all about machines changing hands and colour from one person to the next, especially given the effort. Think I preferred the pale blue ;-)

Also another machine that was previously sold in June is a Club Chief Jennings. Wonder what is wrong with it? Also an Allwin Extrawin that has been in about 5 auctions and sold last time, back in again :D
sarg

Post by sarg »

Yeah done a good search on here found a few pictures, only thing I noticed that it doesn't say Buckley on the front case and other ones on here do is that a issue, or did they make some with and without Buckley on the front case.
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Buckley started out as a revamper taking old Mills machines and adding their own touches to them, eventually they started to make their own parts

http://0.tqn.com/w/experts/Collectibles ... ross_4.jpg
sarg

Post by sarg »

Thanks for the the link treefrog !THUMBS!

So there none as junk machines :HaHa:
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

I have a soft spot for Buckleys - I have three. Having Mills parts would be normal, as most were built that way, but the more desirable ones have Buckley parts, especially the mech, which resembles a Mills but is clearly different and easy to spot. The most notable feature are the dampers (sometimes 1, sometimes 2, I think) that are part of the mechanism, high on the front. Operators liked these simply because you could swap parts with Mills. Back doors are the same for a start. I strongly suspect the upper front casting is a replacement from a Mills machine, as originals always have 'Buckley' on the casting, as far as I know. They rarely have jackpots (at least showing).