Mills Extraordinary Question

General vintage slot machine related topics.
clubconsoles

Mills Extraordinary Question

Post by clubconsoles »

Can anyone give my any info on this extrordinary console i have had for some time now??
The console looks original but lacks the fluted base like the US consoles have?
It runs on quarters but has a later high top award plaque and the fruits on the strips do not look like standard mills symbols, the Cherries in particular, are very different?
It also has the 7-7-7 special award.
A possible Conversion? Anyone recognize these strips?
Attachments
DSC_0481.jpg
gameswat

Re: Mills Extraordinary Question

Post by gameswat »

Not a lot of info to go on with that close up photo Nigel, any chance of some more pics? Always hard to tell what the story is with freshly restored machines that look like this though. What is old and what is new? A local friend often sends me auction links from around the world to get my thoughts on how good or bad. When they are freshly painted & plated like this I never enjoy evaluating them, and usually from just one photo and possibly three lines of text. Even though it's not my money I still feel like it is! And I'm the one who'll have to sort out any issues if he does buy something. dirtdog
coppinpr

Re: Mills Extraordinary Question

Post by coppinpr »

GS is right of course,you are asking a lot from the info given. can we see a photo of the whole machine please and one of the mech.
Im just guessing but it could be that the original 10 stop mech has been replaced with a much later mills or sega 20 stop, the special "7's" and the silver background to the strips might indicate this. There should be no payout card at all where your card is (it should be where the "7's" info is) prior to 1941, there should be an eagle plate on the front, after the start of ww2 this was changed, a "pageboy" plate went on the old payout position and a new payout plate went where yours is, I think sometimes a square pageboy simply replaced the eagle. Here is a photo of mine

my ectra.jpg

here is a photo of the later style

late extra.jpg
late extra.jpg (36.25 KiB) Viewed 1278 times