BM Co allwin

General vintage slot machine related topics.
bedbug1

BM Co allwin

Post by bedbug1 »

Hi have recently bought this attic fresh 24 cup BM Co and am after some information on a rough date of manufacture and how common are they to be on half penny play as a lot of machines I've seen are on penny. Would this make it older then a penny version of the same machine?
Attachments
large-BMCo.jpg
pennymachines
Site Admin

Re: BM Co allwin

Post by pennymachines »

The British Manufacturing Company were advertising as early as 1914, primarily as suppliers of others' product. The first reference to them making amusement machines appears to be 1931. My guess is that your Twenty Four Cup was manufactured not long after this. The Deco style spandrels tend to support that. Ha'penny play usually does indicate an early date, but in the '30s many games could be ordered on either Half Penny or Penny, leaving it to operators to decide which would attract more play in the tough economic climate of the times.
bedbug1

Post by bedbug1 »

Hi penny machines thanks for your reply and the information on date and the manufacturer, have only been collecting a couple of years and still have a lot too learn
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

I still have a lot to learn too. Classy machine for a new collector! !!THUMBSX2!!