Love Test Machine Project

General vintage slot machine related topics.
safetyman1005

Love Test Machine Project

Post by safetyman1005 »

I was getting bored, so I looked for a restoration project, I fancied the “Greyhound Stadium” which was on EBay but the location was Kent (too far to go!!).

So I settled for the “Love Test” machine on EBay.

I started by checking resources pages for ideas as to how to operate the machine, as there were just wires connected to bulb sockets.

In the end I decided to use spare parts from an Oliver Whales machine to create a coin accepter, which worked.

My next problem was how to operate the lights randomly.

I tried making a mechanical switch to no avail, so I used an old 12-volt low geared motor to rotate a wafer switch which was connected to lights. This worked perfectly at a steady speed.

As the lights are 6 volts and the motor 12 volts, I installed two 6 volt batteries rather than two transformers.

I put oak veneer on the cabinet case as it was different wood from the oak door.

The end result
Attachments
DSCN1613.JPG
DSCN1607.JPG
slotalot

Re: Love Test Machine Project

Post by slotalot »

Nice to see that up and running !!THUMBSX2!! I made the oak door, backflash & lamps but never got around to finishing it off before letting it go in the Coventry auction last year :!?!: I like the use of Oliver Whales parts to finish it off :D