SEGA Diamond 3 Star info

General vintage slot machine related topics.
margamatix

SEGA Diamond 3 Star info

Post by margamatix »

Sega started out supplying machines to American navy bases in the Pacific rim- the name SEGA is a contraction of "Service Games". The mechanism is an exact copy of the Mills Hi-Top mechanism, but in a modernised cabinet, and the Diamond 3 Star sold for about £100 less than the corresponding Mills bandits.
dj10555

Re: SEGA Diamond 3 Star info

Post by dj10555 »

Hi,
I am very interested in finding out about how Sega started making Poker Machines. Does anyone know what year they started making them? Did they have a license from Mills to make them or did they just copy their design?

Regards Derek
dj10555

Re: SEGA Diamond 3 Star info

Post by dj10555 »

Thanks Mr Console. This was the information I was hoping to find. I know a lot about Sega's early days with electromechanical arcade games but I am trying to research what Sega made between 1940 and 1966. I know they released Jukeboxes, pinballs, Poker Machines, during this period but it is hard to find any documentation on this. I would be grateful for any other information the forum users can provide.

Mr Console,
Would you have any copies ( or scans ) you would like to sell like the advertisement you mentioned before? I would be glad to post this message in the Market area if the admins request it.

Regards Derek