My Sega Bonanza Star....

General vintage slot machine related topics.
ls14garlo

My Sega Bonanza Star....

Post by ls14garlo »

!!YABBADABBA!!
Hello again everyone.
Most of you will remember me a couple of months ago with all manor of niggles with the three machines I picked up over summer :woops:.
Anyway, I decided (or the wife did!)- to turn round two of them (Riviera Cashcendo and Jubilee Cop A Lot), which I turned a tidy profit on by the way - more than tripled my investment! !!THUMBSX2!!.

I kept the Bonanza Star as it was my first and I love that sci-fi type styling... When I took it apart to clean it up I decided to remove all the lighting, ballast, loom, the lot. It didn't work anyway and I was going to offer it for sale but never got round to it - luckily, when I went back to work after my surgery I asked a sparky at work if he might be able to give it a coat of looking at. It was in a bad way but he rebuilt and soldered and replaced what he needed to one week on nights and finally got it working again! @&@

I had accidentally deleted the photos I took when I removed it all and it took me a few hours of trial and error !PUZZLED! but I eventually managed to get it all fitted by memory and here's the results.... I'm chuffed to bits with the results. Just a slight gripe is the replacement marquee perspex I bought for the light-box. When lit, it isn't as opaque as I'd like. Would anyone of you fine people have any suggestions of something I could mask it off with to let a little less light through? As you can see from the photos, it tends to be a bit too bright to make out what the marquee says? Anyway here's a couple of pics of it all lit up once again!! !THUMBS!
Attachments
DSC_2022a.jpg
DSC_2019a.jpg
gameswat

Re: My Sega Bonanza Star....

Post by gameswat »

You could just photocopy the marquee on thin paper and then place it behind the artwork so it lines up and this will dull it down quite a bit and make it less transparent.
ls14garlo

Re: My Sega Bonanza Star....

Post by ls14garlo »

!!THUMBSX2!!
Good idea Gameswat, I'll give that a go!! Cheers... Should've thought of something that simple myself, DOH! :woops: Cheers......