Vintage slot machine website changes hands

General vintage slot machine related topics.
gameswat

Re: Vintage slot machine website changes hands

Post by gameswat »

BP - there's a huge difference between Electro-Mechanical and Electronic! Check the Aristo site and you'll see you got the facts wrong. https://www.aristocrat.com/about/timeline/
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Yes of course there is.
Electro-mech is something I can get my head around. It's also something I can trouble shoot due to being able to observe big clunky relays and solenoids with visible leaf switches.
Electronic is witch-craft to me and relies totally on little bobbly bits of plastic stuck on a card. There is only one rule with Electronics ..... Don't let the blue smoke escape, you'll never get it back in.

Thanks for your timeline, it clearly says Electronic.
Whereas what we put was a quote from Len himself, perhaps he was misquoted or didn't know the difference. Which would be worrying as a Dentist that doesn't understand how his tools work wouldn't fill me with any more confidence that I don't have in their trade already.
"Nurse, crank up the turbo spit sucker and have the VVankel Super-Charged drill on standby, this sucker is coming out!"

We'll come up with something to cover this anomaly.

Cheers :cool:

PS .... Mr P. how come W ankel isn't allowed? I used double V.
john t peterson

Post by john t peterson »

Let me jump in here with a personal observation. I tried to use the word "vv anker" in a previous post and found the word bleeped. I'm guessing that "vv ankel" is getting similar treatment. Nanny-gram, she never sleeps.

J Peterson
vvanker from USA
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Yeah John that Nanny-gram is a bit of an onanist.
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

The history page on the Aristocrat site has changed a while back and use to show the Clubman and a better match is machine to the history, now the pictures bare no relationship. There use to be a Clubman on the arcade history database now gone and I have totally forgotten what they looked like....anyone got a picture, even better know where I can get one ;-) . Also would be nice to see the Aristocrat machine Andy down under talked about...

Interesting that the Aussies were obviously proud of their English Regal heritage, with names like Regal, Grosvenor and Kingsway, they then turned to British sports cars in the 70's with the Elite and Esprit....

On another note, collecting always has a level of snobbery associated with it, where people often look down on a machine that may be a different value range, which sometimes happens as seen on here over time with Aussie machines, actually I would place them way above most American junk, whether rare or common and the Brits were not even capable of making them. So long live the Aristocrat as I am sure it will do and probable outlast mist of their opposition.... !!THUMBSX2!!

By the way the machine listed as a Grosvenor on the site is a Kingsway, just with wrong badge
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Cheers, I'll chase up the Clubman, was that the one with the wooden struts or is that the Traveller? .... or is this a joke you cracked about a year ago to something I said?
I think the Clubman was similar to the Clubmaster, only with cast webbings between the reels.

I'm not sure The Coronet should be in Aristocrat?
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

anyone got a picture, even better know where I can get one

clubman.jpg
clubman.jpg (24.81 KiB) Viewed 6887 times

clubman 2.jpg
clubman 2.jpg (5.92 KiB) Viewed 6882 times

treefrog

Post by treefrog »

They are the babies, looked like the same pictures that use to be in the arcade database......I notice they are called Clubman 1 and Clubman 2, but wonder if one of them was the machine just called Aristocrat.... do any exist !PUZZLED! Or even better for sale..

I am hoping Mr PM finds his hard drive and all the Aussie machines he has stored.
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

The black and white photo is listed as "the Clubman" 1953 and the other as "The New Clubman" 1954. I can't enlarge the B&W photo enough to read the name under the reel window but it COULD say Aristocrat. Of course there might be some around but the limited info with the photo says they were made in Rosebery at the rate of 2 per week!! So perhaps not many around :#:
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

badpenny wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:42 am PS .... Mr P. how come W ankel isn't allowed? I used double V.
OK, I fixed it, but hope it doesn't ruin our google wanking. !?!

treefrog wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:49 pm I am hoping Mr PM finds his hard drive and all the Aussie machines he has stored.
Funny you should say that... I had a hunt this morning and found it! !!YIPPEE!!
I'll put together an Arena item with all the material I have on the Australian bandits. If you (or anyone else) has anything of the sort, that would be good.
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

pennymachines wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:03 pm Funny you should say that... I had a hunt this morning and found it! !!YIPPEE!!
I'll put together an Arena item with all the material I have on the Australian bandits. If you (or anyone else) has anything of the sort, that would be good.
Wahooooo !!YIPPEE!! Looking forward to it.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

....... nothing ruins my Google handiwork SkEpTiCaL
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Another page added on The Penny Arcade Site.
Following a visit to the Rye Heritage Centre by our man on the spot this article concentrates on their superb collection of working machines.
Although they're named, for the sake of accuracy could those in the know please advise of makers and approximate year?

I considered chucking a penny in Sidney Knows and letting him supply the information but can he be trusted? ....... never believe someone who avoids eye contact!
Barnacle Bill looks to be anticipating his new straight jacket and am I the only one who thinks there's a secret joke to be had positioning "The Miser's Dream" backing onto "The Burglar"?

You can see them here ..... CLEVER CLICKY
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

eight good/unusual machines for sale on the www.penny-arcade.info site today including the one shown below, and more to come soon.

ALL NEW TO MARKET !!!!

den1.jpg
den1.jpg (39.14 KiB) Viewed 5993 times

coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

The final eight machines added to the market at www.penny-arcade.info today including a pussy shooter and two cranes including this rather nice one
ship crane.jpg
ship crane.jpg (38.7 KiB) Viewed 5952 times

badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

A quick statistical update ......

This week http://www.penny-arcade.info/ will have been running for six months. We show 9,000 unique visits and over 13,000 page visits and seem to have quite a following outside of this website, which is good news.
We hope that Pennymachines has also benefitted from this as we also note a high passage number on our links page which of course directs to this site.
Our Market page has done quite well with selling 7 machines. The vendors showing their gratitude by donating on average £10. We have also sold a couple of books, some slot art work and found at least two customers for our preferred chrome plater.
It has also made a few important, new  friends (in Denmark,the USA and the UK), and a couple of self important enemies ...... in fact all the things web sites tend to do.

Thank you
BP
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Well done to both of you and keep up the good work !!THUMBSX2!!
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Thanks for the kind words Tom !!CHEERS!!
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Pleased with the results of selling machines on the www.penny-arcade.info site the same seller has now added three more machines for sale, a Jennings 4 reel (buckaroo),a Jennings Bingo Belle and a chrome mills high top. The Bingo belle seems a keen price for a Jennings at the moment. see them all and more at www.penny-arcade.info

buckaroo for sale.jpg

the buckaroo
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

the jennings bingo belle sold already to one of our forum members !THUMBS!