Legal Action against Steve Hunt.

General vintage slot machine related topics.
margamatix

Legal Action against Steve Hunt.

Post by margamatix »

I have written to Steve Hunt giving him seven days to refund my AAM subscription along with my expenses, a total of £282.

If he does not respond, refunding my claim in full I am going to start a County Court action against him and/or his business.

County Court action is nowhere near as daunting as it might seem. There's just you, the defendant and the registrar, who decides the case on its merits. I have taken out two actions in the past, once against an ex-employer and once against a car salesman. I won them both and I have absolutely no doubt that I will win this. He is in breach of contract and he has the money to pay the claim.

This site explains the procedure https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/csmco2/index.jsp

I would urge anybody who feels aggrieved at the treatment they have received at Mr Hunt's hands to do likewise.
margamatix

Post by margamatix »

In the email I sent you I gave you seven days to refund my subscription with my expenses and if you don't, then I am going to obtain a CCJ against you.

You are no different to anybody else who makes a contract. You are under a legal obligation to honour it and if you don't pay up then it is going to end with bailiffs siezing your goods.

I have never been ripped off in my life, and you aren't going to be the first, Mr Hunt.

It is as simple as that.
margamatix

Post by margamatix »

The point is that he spent a six-figure sum on that pier at a time when he was taking money from people in exchange for a magazine that he had no intention of producing. To be frank, he is lucky not to be facing criminal charges.

Hunt is no different to anybody else who makes a contract- he is under a legal obligation to comply with that contract. What he may or may not have done for collection- and his main boast seems to be that he drove prices upwards- is irrelevant.

I have the paperwork ready to go because I doubt very much that I will receive the money owed to me- that would be too much like "honesty". To be perfectly open, I don't want the money. I want to get bailiffs in to sieze machines from him to sell at a distraint auction.

Nobody has ever got away with "ripping me off" and this grubby little man is not going to be the first.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Anonymous wrote:How quickly you all forget how much profit YOU were making when Steve's autions and magazines were selling all your machines at prices that increased year-on-year, often setting record prices that have never been seen since... that's profit I dare say you didn't report on your tax return? and profiting from the fact it was Steve who forked out £5,000 for a gaming board licence that enabled us all to buy and sell our machines freely without getting them conviscated. Forgot that bit too?

As for the AAM grinding to a stop:
Same thing happened when the Jukebox Journal magazine stopped.
Same thing happened when the Pinball Player magazine stopped.
Same thing would have happened when the Record Machine magazine stopped if Steve hadn't have stepped in to honour everyone's outstanding subscription to it. If you're an old-school collector like me, you no-doubt had all these magazines too, so presumably you'll be suing JJ and PP too?

Steve was at the Coventry auction at the weekend - chatting to people all day - didn't you ask him there and then for your few pounds back if it bothers you soooo much?

As a matter of interest, how come your subscription was £282 when everyone elses was £36 or £18?

Gosh, how I wish I was such a clever arch criminal as that Steve, just think, by now with all those literally pounds I'd have amassed, I too could be retired to the sun lapped beaches of.... er... North Wales! :D

But things move on. Its Jerry that's making absolutely millions out of the magazines and auctions now - I expect you're one of those poor soles who wrote down every auction price (including the many that didn't actually sell) in order that you can work out to the penny what Jerry's 5% commission comes to? - I bet he made absolutely thousands!, - Watch out, he'll probably be buying a rusty old pier soon with all that money he's screwing out of you - after all there's one just down the road from his arcade in Brighton!

Hey, I'm not happy that the AAM stopped either, I miss those page 3 girls for one! :eek: and I bought and sold quite a bit through it, but come on, grow up!

I'm so pleased for you that you have NOTHING more important in your life to worry about... must be great to have no boring job to go to... no mortgage to pay every month... no family to look after... no kids worrying about their exam results... no dog with arthritis that'll probably have to be helped on her way to the great kennel in the sky before xmas...

Get real!
Sorry to hear about your dog, I've lost a few over the years but it still distresses me every time. My lad at the moment is only 5 but I'm already steeling myself as each year goes as he means more and more.
Yeah I know OFF TOPIC! But ......
margamatix

Post by margamatix »

Firstly, I appreciate all of the comments from the guests, although they cannot of course be given the credence that they would be given if they were Registered Posters.

And secondly, I issued the County Court Summons this afternoon.
margamatix

Post by margamatix »

goodpenny wrote:whats your name then chicken? or should i say turkey!!!!!!!!!!! if youve got a quarm with steve hunt why not go and see him at the pier? or why not say a word to him at the coventry auction?as i say chicken

I've decided that I just can't be bothered to issue a summons against the miserable specimen.

However, it still makes my blood boil to read that Steve Hunt has been at some auction or another, buying or selling machines. He seems to have no shame.

If I owed money, I couldn't sleep until I had paid it back. Having said that, Steve Hunt wasn't brought up by the same mother as I was.