General vintage slot machine related topics.
runner

Jamiesons Skill poker machine

Postby runner » Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:55 pm

I recently acquired a Jamiesons Skill Poker machine and would like to get it working again. I have managed to source the 3/4" plastic ball, the florescent tube and starter, also the 36 bulbs that sit behind the cards and fitted a plug. I believe the machine had been through an auction house and therefore presume for health and safety reasons it had been cut off. The machine lights up via the florescent tube, however a penny washer had fallen behind the power supply and pressed on the metal connectors on the circuit board. When I first plugged it in I could smell burning and before I had a chance to switch it off a small pop sound, so at the moment the power is getting through to the florescent tube but no joy when I put 2 pence in. Can anybody help? The machine is also missing the part at the back of the machine that triggers the ball into the playing field.
DSCF3579a.jpg
DSCF3557a.jpg
DSCF3555a.jpg
DSCF3558a.jpg

aristomatic

Re: Jamiesons Skill poker machine

Postby aristomatic » Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:42 pm

Welcome to the forum.

I have no experience on these so will leave it to those that do

runner

Postby runner » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:34 pm

Thankyou, it may be the case that I will have to find another skill poker machine in order to compare parts and swap things over to see if they work.

pennymachines
Site Admin

Postby pennymachines » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:56 pm

:WELCOME:
Smoke followed by a pop suggests a blown electrolytic capacitor. These invariably break down with age (exacerbated, I believe, by lack of use) - acrid smell, sometimes followed by an alarming bang. Easy to fix though. Hopefully some of our members who understand this new-fangled electrical stuff will be along shortly...

badpenny
Forum Moderator

Postby badpenny » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:07 pm

Good to meet you .......

The only thing I can add is that your photo shows a relay missing, you have the multi pin base that it should plug into.

BP

runner

Postby runner » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:23 pm

Thanks, any views and information are much appreciated.
I can see 3 holes on the board, one larger than the other two in a triangular shape.

coppinpr

Postby coppinpr » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:09 pm

Might be worth contacting JC. I know he has or at least had, not this model, but a similar one, because I sold it to him. I don't think it was working and I don't know if it is now or if, perhaps, he would sell it for parts or at least photo the insides for you. I might be very wrong but I vaguely remember it having a wiring diagram. As I said, it's not the same model but quite similar.
royal flush.jpg

runner

Postby runner » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:14 am

Yes, I have seen this similiar model, the Royal Flush which looks to be nearly identical to the Skill Poker machine. I have sent JC a message asking about it.
Thank you.

coppinpr

Postby coppinpr » Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:42 am

While searching for something else I typically found something I couldn't find when I wanted it - Five pages of wiring and game info for the range of Jamiesons machines mentioned in this post. They are not in the best condition but I've done what I can to improve them and placed them in the Resources section. Contact me if you need me to look closer at the faded sheets.

badpenny
Forum Moderator

Postby badpenny » Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:05 am

I expect the writing is too close to the paper. !SMARTY!