Late M. Harris Snr. Slot Machine Spares Sale 19/08/18

General vintage slot machine related topics.
aristomatic

Re: Opportunity of the decade coming

Post by aristomatic »

Sorry I didn't take any pictures.

I found the event quite surreal really... Personal circumstances had changed back and forth in the preceding two weeks and even the evening before as originally I had intended to take a table myself. I arranged to meet a friend prior to the event to swap some machines and parts, so the Derby location was excellent as midway and central for both of us.

Many thanks to all involved, as I got a few bits to complete or upgrade a few of my own machines and also bought a few award cards I'm sure I'll probably need sometime in the future, but didn't buy maybe as wide a selection of items as expected. Maybe just too much to take in.

Anyway very happy with the selective bits I bought, although like BP I left my item in a bag on a table when someone asked me a question on another item and forgot to pick it up again! So my Hitop 4 reeler is still missing an award card. It's all swings and roundabouts though!

Many thanks again for the opportunity, much appreciated.
cheeky

Post by cheeky »

Thanks anyway BP. Junior, we should have teamed up. If you could walk on your right leg and me with the left, just imagine what we could have achieved. !!IDEA!!
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

……… the Hokey Cokey? SkEpTiCaL
cheeky

Post by cheeky »

:lol:
aristomatic

Post by aristomatic »

I sold a Jennings mechanism I had on Ebay to a collector in Europe. He also bought a few other bits but I couldn't supply all the other items. Could you post the details of the Dutch dealer who bought the remaining parts left over from the sale. I can then pass his details onto my buyer to see if he can source from him.

May be useful for others in future to know the dealer's contact details too?

Thanks
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

I'll ask him if he wants to have his details announced.
dutchboy

Re: Late M. Harris Snr. Slot Machine Spares Sale 19/08/18

Post by dutchboy »

That would be interesting indeed. 👌
aristomatic

Post by aristomatic »

Did you get a reply BP?
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

I got a reply asking if I had any more and a list of what he particularly wanted. Nothing else though.
I guess he has plans to meet his own needs.

The good news is we are still sitting on boxes of things he didn't want (mainly reel strips, slides and case bits & bobs).
Also after selling the house in Sheerness and moving the last of his family's chattels out more slot bits were discovered.

However Rapid Scaffolding is extremely busy and can not field any individual enquiries or requests. So we intend to run another event next Summer when most of the poles, boards etc will be out of the venue and propping up bits of Derbyshire.
Building on the success of this year's it will be in the form of the old "Rusty Nuts" days that we used to enjoy several years back.

It will be open to all collectors of clanky and thumpy mechanicals. You can come to peruse, have a table to sell your treasures or bring single items for us to sell for you.

Details in the New Year.

BP !!YABBADABBA!!
aristomatic

Post by aristomatic »

Thanks for the update BP,

I posted earlier in the thread that I had initially picked up an award card at the sale only to then leave it later somewhere else. Well I'd like to thank the forum member
who has reunited me with said award card.