Jennings Governor Tic Tac Toe reel strips

General vintage slot machine related topics.
seancalla

Re: Jennings Governor Tic Tac Toe reel strips

Post by seancalla »

Hi
Thanks for the explaination. It's much clearer now. The lever (b) to push the horizontal lever is there. If you look at the side profile picture where the arm comes down to start a spin I think there is a piece missing there. There isn't a piece there to stop the spin if a coin is not inserted.
Sean
Attachments
20181003_230413_resized.jpg
20181003_230425_resized.jpg
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Well, as usual, by tracking backwards we get there in the end. Although your photo is a little too dark and close to the machine to be certain, it appears that the operating lever lock assembly is missing (or at least part of it). It consists of the large down arm with a smaller arm attached, its associated spring, and the shouldered retaining screw that holds it to the machine at the bottom. This should lock the handle when lever "b" in my earlier photo moves forward.
Attachments
operating lever lock.jpg
seancalla

Post by seancalla »

Hi
Thanks the whole piece seems to be missing. Probably a difficult piece to get or even make as I would need one as a template.
Sean
aristomatic

Post by aristomatic »

I'd keep an eye on ebay...

Wanted parts requests on the forum can trigger an eBay listing from someone trawling the forum or you may get a pm here....

Moderator may advise you to post a paid for wanted advert in the Market too. It's only 40p I think.

Or wait for EH and or Coventry auction as may be parts or part mech available to purchase there.
I'll have a look but don't think I have any, only complete spare mechs.
seancalla

Post by seancalla »

Thanks for the information. I might have a lead on one but need exactly same type I presume for this series they were all the same
Sean
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

I think all models after 1931 are the same.
This is what it looks like:
Attachments
lock lever.jpg
seancalla

Post by seancalla »

Thanks for all the replies. Will keep an eye out for one also looking for coin insert chute on the inside. The parts from US I looked at are too expensive
Sean
seancalla

Post by seancalla »

Hi
I got hold of an operating lever lock. I can't figure out what pushes/pulls it into place when there is no coin inserted. I can't see where a spring could be connected to pull it forward and stop the handle from being used. If anyone can post photo's of a similar machine please
Sean
chris rideout

Post by chris rideout »

The "TIC" and possibly the orange looked real enough but the cherry/plum/bell/lemon look like Sega symbols to me!
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

The operating lever lock is a little confusing as there are actually two springs although, for some unknown reason, only one is associated with the lock assembly. The first spring attaches as per photo 1 from the smaller arm of the lever lock assembly and the second spring attaches from the larger arm as per photo 2 afterwards.
Attachments
part 1.jpg
part 2.jpg