General vintage slot machine related topics.
shiny penny

What bandit to buy?

Postby shiny penny » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:24 am

Suggestions please based on the following:
More chance of being able to indulge my Allwin interest if I bought the wife a bandit/slot machine to play.
A very basic no frills bells or whistles machine which generally tends to be reliable and possibly serviceable by a keen amateur if necessary. Hopefully this set of criteria might make such a machine fairly reasonably priced and likely to appear at auction.
Thanks

badpenny
Forum Moderator

Re: What bandit to buy?

Postby badpenny » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:29 pm

Your needs will most certainly be met at Coventry in March, I have just the one in mind.
BP !SHSSS! !SMILER!

shiny penny

Postby shiny penny » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:47 am

Thank you BP for taking the time to reply. Given the dearth of any other suggestions I may try to hang on until March but I will be at the EH in February and may well just get carried away and buy anything with a handle!

coppinpr

Postby coppinpr » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:08 pm

Couple of things to consider:
Bandits are pretty much always repairable and if used regularly don't often breakdown. If you're sticking to your criteria, don't buy a German machine. Aristocrats are bomb proof (i.e. "built like a brick S*** house" ) so they go on forever. Don't buy a Sega Constellation and carry it out yourself unless you want to talk with a high pitched voice for the rest of your life and disappoint your wife in other ways :lol: but most of all, wait for Coventry - better value and a hundred people happy to advise you. :!?!:

shiny penny

Postby shiny penny » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:58 pm

Thanks coppinpr.
I assume the German made options would contradict my price criteria.
I can now at least browse more selectively and try to resist temptation until Coventry.