What bandit to buy?

General vintage slot machine related topics.
pennymachines
Site Admin

Re: What bandit to buy?

Post by pennymachines »

shiny penny wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:12 pmI have not worked out how to send private messages...
Attachments
PM.jpg
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

shiny penny wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:12 pm Many thanks for the replies.
……………………………………... if I post a short-list on this thread I would be grateful for a rough guide as to the ballpark values.
Thanks again
That'll be an interesting thing to try.
If only because ......
* Most of the entries belong to people on this site, who will have a vested interest in prices realised.
* If they don't own the lot then they may be interested in bidding on it, so again advising on the value or even suitability of any given lot could be very subjective.
* Even if everyone were to be feeling altruistic, in the 19 years I've been doing auctions, sales meets, slotty days etc I've never ceased to be amazed at the prices some will pay and likewise what screaming bargains can be had. Also almost every event somebody forgets to take their purchase home with them. There's often a single solitary pile of books or even a machine left lonely on a table somewhere in the room. !PUZZLED!

Generally speaking members of this forum are very helpful when it comes to solving problems with machines and giving advice. That's because we enjoy doing that. Likewise everybody enjoys adding to their collection and/or picking up a bargain to move on again for a quick profit.

The best advice I can give you was shared to me umpty-twelveteen years ago, and it holds good for any auction.
Decide the maximum amount you want to pay to get it.
And then go over that amount by one bid - that way you won't lose it for the sake of another few quid.

On the day feel free to ask about a particular machine that grabs you, as the organisers we want everybody to buy confidently and all vendors to go away with as much money in their pockets as they expected. That way both parties eagerly await the next event.

Have a great time, look forward to seeing you there. Introduce yourself.

card.jpg

And before anyone asks .... "No I won't be playing with my Wobble Board".

BP :tarah:
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

But will you blowing your didgeridoo? !!HIDE!!
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

If I had a neck like a bloody swan ….. yes.
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

I wish I hadn't asked...