Squires & Corrie

General vintage slot machine related topics.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Squires & Corrie

Post by badpenny »

Somebody was recently asking about (I think) where to get a Mills badge to go on the front right of the reel window? I can't find the thread now.

I've just come across these people Squires & Corrie, they don't appear to be mentioned anywhere on this forum according to The Search facility (Go on prove me wrong)

http://squiresandcorrie.com/
treefrog

Re: Squires & Corrie

Post by treefrog »

Never come across these guys before, but wow.....unless I am absolutely desperate, I doubt I will use them..... have you seen their prices? And that excludes the shipping costs to the UK.... I recently bought a bag full of denominator badges for $6 - 8 of them, and they are after $35 for one and, even worse, $300 for an Aristocrat coin escalator....!PUZZLED!
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Squires & Corrie

Post by badpenny »

Moved & merged - Site Admin.

I've just come across this lot ….
Squires & Corrie

Just because I've never heard of them doesn't mean anything of course.
They've got some interesting stuff albeit at the "cost is no object" end of the market.

BP !2CENTS!
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Must be a 4 year cycle to remind yourself how to use the Search Function......see [above] and your previous comments.....

I still stand by my comments :HaHa:
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

9 years Tom not 4 !UNSURE!
I'll have you know my short term memory is a long term problem

BP
ps ~ …... have I had my dinner yet?
gameswat

Post by gameswat »

Well you guys turned out to be a couple of newbies, guess you skipped slot history classes. I thought it was a well known company, been around 40+ years. S&Q were some of the first doing high end restorations to gambling machines, based in California because the law became favourable in the later 1970s there. Lots about them in the '70s and '80s coin-op magazines, adverts and articles etc.
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Not sure what BP’s excuse is, but I guess I had been in the business 18 months at that time, also it was nine years ago and my bodily functions were all in tact then and was on a fast learning curve.......it seems to be leaking now :#:

From what I had seen over the years, I always got the impression they (Squires and Corrie) had a tendency to perhaps over restore items and put their stamp on them (of course apart from the badge they often applied)
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Me? ….. Excuse? …… What are we talking about? !PUZZLED!
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

I remember years ago going through their website looking at the spares and with no search function, it takes ages to get through for example Mills spares.....I looked at these 9 years ago and mostly the same items are for sale, obviously due to the prices, which is a shame as there are one or two things that would useful..... $350 for Jennings or Mills clock made me chuckle....wonder if you get a machine free to go with it..
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Am I right in thinking we saw one of their Jennings Little Dukes offered for sale on this site some years back?
It had been restored within an inch of its life with space age paint and colours and sported a price akin to a phone number.

BP :roll:
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »