Bryans Clock

General vintage slot machine related topics.
bryans fan

Re: Bryans Clock

Post by bryans fan »

I agree with gameswat and moonriver the face looks in pretty good nick to me. The usual problem with clock faces is rust coming through, but yours looks okay.
More difficult will be replacing the chrome bezel if you don't have it.
hiflyer

Post by hiflyer »

Thanks for all the replies. I had toyed with keeping the original clock face but those marks you can see are actually rust and are worse than they look in the pic. I may still change my mind on that, but I have now managed to get the new clock face and the instruction insert printed correctly thanks to my print shop and some jiggery pokery. I was very impressed that despite all the work put in by them and the number of failed print attempts they only charged me three quid! I think they must have enjoyed the challenge. I do have the chrome bezel by the way. The pic was taken part way through dismantling the whole thing. This is a very nice example with matching serial numbers (1873) on the case, back door and mechanism, which is pretty clean in its original blue finish. The chrome isn't bad either, just needs some cleaning up. I certainly won't be rechroming. This machine has just been brought back from the USA so it's found its way home again.
hiflyer

Post by hiflyer »

Many thanks by the way to whoever created and uploaded the clock face to this forum. I am sure it must have helped out a lot of people restoring these machines.