Event This Summer in Derby

General vintage slot machine related topics.
dutchboy

Re: Event This Summer in Derby

Post by dutchboy »

Good luck all of you and enjoy it! I would almost say it is sadly i am on holliday the coming week i see nice looking jennings machines :( . You are lucky men.
Greetings.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

badpenny wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:39 am
This may be the last mail I post before the event. Doors open to the public at 10.30 I hope to see you there.

BP !!RAYOF!!
Yeah right!, it's the next day and I'm adding three more, and today got an email promising me another couple.
So here are the photos of the three ……
67895931_361973097801241_2430436205129629696_n.jpg

67630306_875161509513291_2007771346863390720_n.jpg

67243143_2417284185183635_3193646065358209024_n.jpg

Any more for any more?
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Roll on Sunday …..
Just to remind those coming.
Doors open to the public 10.30 - Cash only - Those bringing machines have access from 09.30 - Venue - Rapid Scaffolding, Osmaston Road Business Park, Osmaston Rd, Derby DE23 8LD It's the building with 16 sky lights in the roof, middle of the page. Click Here to view on Google Maps Any questions? You best shout now!
Hope to see you Sunday, we have a mountain of spares and are promised over 30 machines looking for their forever home!!THUMBSX2!!
jimmycowman

Post by jimmycowman »

Can't make this one this time. Can someone take some photos? Tomorrow !!CHEERS!!
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Sorry to hear that Jimmy, but to be honest so long as Jayne turns up that's fine. :cool:
grains

Post by grains »

A big thank you to the organisers for great day, fantastic to see such a massive selection of spares and some lovely machines for sale.
I'm very happy with the purchases I made. It is great to meet so many friendly people and thank you for taking the time to chat and pass on your helpful advice.
Also the refreshments were very much appreciated.
I hope there will be future events and I will start my shopping list early for next time.
Cheers
Grains
ollie h

Post by ollie h »

As has already be said, many thanks to the organisers of the event and the people who brought their machines down to sell. Some nice machines on offer and obviously the main reason most people were there was for the vast array of spare parts and goodies available for reasonable prices. Some very useful items and I’m sure most will agree that some parts could be compared to rocking horse s**t. Got a few parts for my missing bits bandit which I dragged along with me. For me the little machine screws, nuts, bolts, springs and rivets where especially handy as I am keen on the restoration side of things (probably should of bought more of each component but hindsight is a wonderful thing). Met some great fellow collectors and had some good chats and came away with a little trade stimulator which was an added bonus. All in all it was definitely worth the 7hr round trip from Dorset !!THUMBSX2!!
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

I am getting too old for this.
It was a great day with a steady stream of fresh faces all day. An endless stream of (mainly old men) peering over the tops of their glasses at oddly bent bits of metal.
Anyone just sitting in the car park with time to kill would have been fascinated to observe everyone shuffling back out again after a few hours clutching carrier bags bulging with thin edges.
It's always a pleasure to see the hardy annuals who support us whatever we're doing or wherever. Equally it's very encouraging to meet so many new faces and welcome them into the hobby.

Machines were popular, all mine went except for my pinball, and that would have sold except that Ford Fiestas and Nissan Micras aren't the most suitable transport for a pinball, let alone two of them( My Gottlieb Spin a Card comes with a twin for spares) Never mind, it was being played continuously all day and never missed a beat.
It was a pleasant surprise to see Trade Stims being popular, five were sold with requests for "Phone me if you want to sell more" from three different collectors.

I suppose that as the main draw of the day was the mountain of bandit spares that the majority of punters would have been slotties. So although we sold two allwins the Gap-win, Pilwin and Hidden Treasure are still available.
I plan to offer them on The Market on this site, when I get around to it. Until I get around to that they will remain unavailable.
I was personally pleased that the open offer we made to bring along any troublesome machine you'd like to have advice on or just another pair of eyes to give it a coat of looking at was taken seriously. And some came from as far away as Dorset and North Wales.

To those of you whom remained tucked up in bed instead, you missed a superb event.
I for one was fascinated to play with the sole surviving Bryans Bumper that paid a visit, and the dancing girls were surprise visitors and no mistake. Sadly The Beatles weren't able to get together to play for us, but only because two of them aren't available (am I the only to notice they've been dying in the wrong order?) However the two and a half hour session that ABBA gave us more than made up for that. The all expenses month holiday to Las Vegas in the free raffle was won by Charlie Oildrum who has promised to send us a card. After the complimentary, silver service, five course meal we all went to East Midlands airport where we went for spin on Concorde.
Don't you wish you'd made the effort now?!

I'm now off on my boat for the rest of the Summer to improve my outlook on life and to practice my abilities at Yoga.

Last year's extensive tour
Last year's extensive tour

Badpenny !!CHEERS!!
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Thanks Mick and BP for hosting again, I only put one machine in and I think it sold in 10 minutes. Helped towards the haul of bits I bought. Oddly I found at least three small parts I really needed to finish machines, most importantly three reel axles for Aristocrat machines buried at the bottom of a box.

The one thing I still didn’t get, mainly because of the daunting prospect of wading through piles of slides was a few sets of 6D.......one day

The Mills/Sega repro back doors Mick has had produced were great and good value and tough item to get hold of.

Well done

!!THUMBSX2!!
jimmycowman

Post by jimmycowman »

Any photographic evidence of this event?
Attachments
_20190816_091954.JPG
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Well …. I took my camera.
And I brought it home again.