Does not matter how long you have been doing it......

General vintage slot machine related topics.
treefrog

Does not matter how long you have been doing it......

Post by treefrog »

Been working on a basic Aristocrat bandit, trying sort machines out that have been in the queue for a while and starting working on a broken machine from a fellow collector with a broken reel bundle and missing parts.

Anyway, swapped over plastic reel tins from another machine keeping the same pay discs and carefully transferred reel strips and then went through the alignment process. Problem was each time I operated the stops, they lost position with the awards and would not align. I spent a few hours taking apart, rebuilding, adjusting brake levers etc........no joy !PUZZLED!

Left till I came back from Holland with fresh air in my head and it clicked.....on counting the star wheels, there were 22 stops on a 20 stop bundle....... !PUNISH! !PUNISH! I must admit I felt high relieved and then completely stupid.......it does not matter how many machines you have worked on, they still trick you up....I did not even realise Aristocrat did a 22 stop (or had forgotten), which was used on the Clickety Click...... :#:
watlingman

Re: Does not matter how long you have been doing it......

Post by watlingman »

:dammit: WELL done just when we think we seen everything!