Groetchen Pikes Peak

General vintage slot machine related topics.
geordy55

Groetchen Pikes Peak

Post by geordy55 »

I’m looking to see if anyone has the long bolts that connect the Pikes Peak top to the base. If not, then does anyone know what thread it is? I’m suspecting 3/16 UNC, but need confirmation if possible.
Attachments
C69E58C4-96F1-4D16-AC93-005B871BF88Ca.jpg
tallstory

Re: Groetchen Pikes Peak

Post by tallstory »

Why not get a thread gauge? It's a very useful item when repairing old arcade machines. I use mine a lot when I can remember where I put it. A cheaper way is to buy a nut of the type you think it is, but this is not foolproof if you have guessed wrong.
geordy55

Post by geordy55 »

I’ve got my own engineering business and have taps and dies of every thread imaginable, but can’t seem to confirm this thread.
slotey

Post by slotey »

Hi i take any thread i need any info on to a local supplier of fixings /fasteners and ask him , and he always seems to have the answer tries a nut of the tread to confirm then the next question i have do you have any ?
wembleylion

Post by wembleylion »

geordie55 This link may be helpful to find your thread size.

I'm sure we are all familiar with the American UNC and UNF threads in imperial sizes but this thread range extends far beyond the threads that are commonly used in the UK.
This link to the full list of threads may be helpful. Some American nut & bolt suppliers will supply to the UK but the cost can be expensive.

https://www.efunda.com/designstandards/ ... nified.cfm

John
aznhbob

Post by aznhbob »

I assume you've found your answer about the long machine screws for your Pike's Peak. I have one in the midst of a resto, and cannot find or figure out "where is" the spring that returns the slide plates to the "down" position. It doesn't appear that there's a place for such a spring on the coin slide side of the machine, but neither is there an obvious place for it on the gumball side. Any chance you can fill me in, or better, send a photo, because I'm stumped. Thanks!