Magazine feature

General vintage slot machine related topics.
jerryt

Magazine feature

Post by jerryt »

As a journalist and an excited new owner of an Aristocrat Starlite I feel compelled to write about it. My colleagues at Old Glory magazine have said "yes please" so off I go.

Getting 'as found' pictures is no problem... mine fulfils that quite nicely.

Post restoration pictures are more of a challenge.. Mine won't be finished for ages and my deadline is 4 weeks away.

So here is the question.. If you have a shiny Starlite and nice clear pictures of it.. would you be prepared to provide me with picture/s of yours to Illustrate them as they should be. Photo credit (if you want it) of course.

Also... Would it be appropriate to give pennymachines.co.uk a nice big plug as the place to come?

cheers

Jerry
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Re: Magazine feature

Post by badpenny »

Giving the site a friendly and positive plug is always welcome.
If nobody comes forward with a photo or requests no credit, don't be offended.
It's not uncommon in this hobby for owners to be a tad secretive, this is due in main to the archaic laws in this country to selling our machines.
Although I should think the authorities currently have more than enough on their hands to be worried about without concerning themselves about tin boxes with spinning wheels or wooden boxes with a ball bearing. And all operating on ancient coins you can no longer spend.

Many of us on here have had the "gypsy's whisper" over the years.
Sadly, I suspect it's been due to fellow aficionados stirring it for their own benefit.
So as not to panic anyone, it has been a few years now since such stupidity was evident.

It could be worse, we could be in certain parts of USA or 'Stralia.

BP !!HIDING!!
jerryt

Post by jerryt »

Thank you for that.. Completely understand ...

Should nobody come forward.. I'll just have to use extra pictures of mine :burp:

As I understand things... ok for an adult to buy and have at home for fun... illegal to sell without the appropriate license?

I would of course be picturing privately owned machines used by adults owners at home for fun (that sentence could be misconstrued :shock: ) and of course nothing for sale!

jerry
arrgee

Post by arrgee »

I am sure that there will be many Forum members who would not only be interested in your magazine article Jerry, but also the world of steam and vintage machinery as well.. !!THUMBSX2!!