Sega "Lord Sega"

General vintage slot machine related topics.
simzee

Sega "Lord Sega"

Post by simzee »

Hi all,
I've registered but no activation come through, then I found this Open Forum. I'm new to One Armed Bandits. I have obtained a Sega "Lord Sega" circa 1964. The cabinet etc are in a right mess but the mechanism seems sound. What I need is info. on how to obtain a manual for said machine. I've restored 6 Jukeboxes so know mechanisms and know the only way to set them up properly is to have the correct information. I would think a series of machines would have had the same mechanism put into various styles of casing. Sight of an orinal picture would be great so as to sus the paint job.
Hope so9me one can point me in the right direction. I live near Bristol UK.
Regards
Dave
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Re: Sega "Lord Sega"

Post by badpenny »

Hi Dave welcome to the site, sorry your activation mail hasn't appeared. I've just spent 15 minutes typing you an answer to your query and then my pc coughed and I lost it all, so here is an abridged version for now.
Your mech is basically a standard mechanism, and it will be almost identical to a Mills mech even the parts are interchangeable, so if you really need a manual ( and I haven't seen many) that widens your options.
Look in the library of this site you may see one of the glossy Mills manuals, though to be honest most of us learnt by slowing the clock governor down with our fingers and watching what happens. If something isn't clunking or clicking at the right moment then a bit of reverse engineering and searching for empty spring retainers often gives a clue.
Don't hesitate to ask further, and keep us up to date on how you get on. We'll be holding a live, come and dribble at the machines auction in Coventry end of November, usually lots of spares etc.
Regards
Badpenny
Attachments
bandiet_lord_sega.jpg

Post by Guest »

Badpenny,
Thanks for reply and the picture. The pictures just what I need because the Bandits been really cobbled with all sorts of paint. So it's a Nitromors job and start again.
I'll look in the library for a book.
Regards
Dave

Post by Guest »

Badpenny,
What was the origin of the picture? I need to see what is in the window to the right of the reels and also in the payout window what is to the right. Is it your machine? If so can you get blowups of those area? On another area, there appears to be something missing in front of the payout accumulation tube in my machine. I gather that this tube fills from the coin intake, then a bar move across each pull and pushes excess coin off. I assume they then go into the coin tray at the bottom. There was a piece of flexible metal tubing attached to the coin tray but not attached to the coin accumulator. Is this flexible tube correct or should it be a sheet metal slide like the coin reject chute? Progress so far is I've stripped off all the naff paint and found the sides are Formica laminate, still in good nick. Need to sort keys out or new locks, not urgent.
Thanks for help.
Regards
Dave
slotalot

Post by slotalot »

Hi Dave, :D I have found a link that may give you some more info on your machine, http://www.klov.com/game_detail.php?game_id=3546 I hope it is of help to you good luck with the restoration :tarah:
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Sorry the machine isn't mine I found the piccy along with another even tinier one on Google.

I've not had a Lord Sega, but do have an advertising flyer that was distributed at the launch of the machine. I'll see if I can dig it out, it'll be a while as I'm on holiday two hours ago and shouldn't even be sitting at the pc :roll:

Post by Guest »

Slotalot,
Thanks for link. This appears to be a different variation on the Lord Sega. The link shows a 4 reeler and the paint job is different from the picture badpenny posted. My machine is a 3 reeler like the posted picture so I'm thinking of painting it as that picture. I still need the info. about the coin tube/overflow to coin tray. Can you advise.
Regards
Dave
harry

Post by harry »

This any good?

No jackpot on this machine just pays out from slides.

Had this machine long time ago, its an old picture off the pc I found.

Lord Sega's a bit of a dog of a machine, but you can start on any mech.

Check the guy selling the Mills DVD on ebay, that may help you,

Neil.
Attachments
workshoplordsega 051.jpg
simzee

Post by simzee »

Hi Neal,
Thanks for picture. It solves the mystery of how the overflow coins get to the coin box underneath. I'll have to make that tubular shute. Shouldn't be a problem. I'm in the painting phase at the moment. Trying to match the "red oxide" looking colour. I'm thinking of using red oxide primer, then putting clear satin on top to seal it. Unless I can find a car colour but most of those are gloss. It doesn't seem as though it is a gloss from whats left of the original (not much just overspray on the back of the door).
Thanks again
Dave
Simzee

Post by Simzee »

Hi All,
It's me again. I'm nearing getting the "Lord" working. I've examined the reel strips and I appear to have (1) of one sort and (2) of another. The part number on the tail of the (1) is M-7-CC 1M and all the fruits have a charicature of a Lord in the centre of them. The part numbers on the other (2) areM-7-CC2 & M-7-CC3 and these fruits are plain. Should I have (3) strips with the charicature in? Are these strips a compatible set to work together? Because if they are I can scan the "Lord" one and re-arrange the symbols to coincide with the other (2) and print new ones. Is there a reference library for reel strips anywhere?
Regards
Dave
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Let's have a range of photies to look at.
No there aren't really any library of reel strips, the odd books help but they do tend to be for the older machines.
Site Admin

Post by Site Admin »

If you want to post some photos Simzee, we need to get your Forum registration sorted (you say you had some problem joining). If you email me your email address I can set it up for you.
operator bell

Post by operator bell »

I seem to recall some old fart months ago promising to do some Sega strips and post the pics.

Oh .. wait a minute .. :oops:

Give me a couple of days and I'll get the artwork up.

Post by Guest »

How are you getting on with the Sega strips?? I need a new cherry ! Malc
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

What's up Malc, finally lost yours?

Post by Guest »

Haven't you seen the 40 year old virgin BP??? No, I do need a cherry, I have one manky one on my bandit and needed to replace with a cut and stick over.
burrowsautomatics

Post by burrowsautomatics »

I have an overflow chute for your Lord Sega and any other spares for a Sega mech give me a call on 07973 223777 Michael Jordan.
quicknick

Post by quicknick »

If anyone is still interested in this thread I have a fully working Lord Sega in my living room. The window to the side of the payline shows the last coin played.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Photies Photies .... we love Photies!!!! !!PHOTO!!
walaro

Post by walaro »

Does anyone have a return button for a Lord Sega or similar?