Useful paint masking and printing products from Hobbycraft

Advice and guidance on repair and restoration techniques.
coppinpr

Useful paint masking and printing products from Hobbycraft

Post by coppinpr »

I found a couple of products in Hobbycraft today that might have applications in our hobby.
The first is Humbrol "Maskol". This is very useful stuff, paint it on to areas where you don't want paint to be, like the area round the Buckley name cut into the front of my half-top or the Jennings name on the front of a Chief and it sets as a plastic film masking the delicate areas. Paint the coach lines or names in detail, then peel of the film - great stuff.

The second is new to me and, although limited, might be a Godsend in some cases.
It's a new printing film made by Letraset that allows you to print from a normal ink-jet printer onto this clear film then peel it off as a sticky backed printout with a clear background.

printing aids.jpg

badpenny
Forum Moderator

Re: Useful products from Hobbycraft

Post by badpenny »

That's amazing coppinpr; so if I've understood you right ................

You could print out a name on Safmat to make a version of the name you want. Stick it on something, cover everything else with Humbrol "Maskol", spray paint it and then after you've peeled off the Safmat and the Maskol you'd see nothing. :cool:

BP

All seriousness aside I can see great possibilities for both products when used with Ferric Chloride and wanting to etch brass.
Thanks matey.