Advice and guidance on repair and restoration techniques.
raj

Re: New Bryans Backflash ball release hole

Postby raj » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:10 pm

I would not advocate gluing the flash for one very good reason. The solvents in most glues will dissolve either the backing layer and possibly the colour layer. I would follow pennymachines' advice. I used a sharp flat wood bit to cut the hole on a very slow drill, having tried a hole punch, which simply split the plastic.

alan57

Re: New Bryans Backflash ball release hole

Postby alan57 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:58 pm

!!THUMBSX2!! Thanks for the information.

m_ick

fit new backflash etc etc

Postby m_ick » Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:58 am

Topic merged - Site Admin.

Hi all,

I'm attempting to make one decent machine (Whales - Win a Kit-Kat) from a complete door and a "butchered" complete machine.

I guess I have all the bits to finish-up with one complete machine but WHERE TO START!

I am currently working on a new backflash, but how do I position it on the existing fixing holes and what is the best method of cutting the holes for ball release/gallery.

Any advice will be much appreciated and let me know if anyone needs the file of the backflash when it's done.

Thanks in advance. M_ick

badpenny
Forum Moderator

Re: fit new backflash etc etc

Postby badpenny » Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:28 pm

Coincidently we were talking about this very thing less than a month ago .... (now merged above - Site Admin.)

BP

gameswat

Postby gameswat » Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:25 pm

I like to use a dremel style sanding wheel to smooth out the allwin ball entry/release holes. Either used in a Dremel or just in a standard hand drill. The sanding wheels are slightly smaller than what's needed so after drilling a pilot hole from the back of the artwork you can clean up and make sure there is no lip. Looks pro.

pennymachines
Site Admin

Postby pennymachines » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:03 pm

m_ick wrote:how do I position it on the existing fixing holes
Assuming you're starting with clear plastic - hold it in place while you mark up the holes with a non-permanent marker pen. Otherwise, use a piece of tracing paper.
m_ick wrote:let me know if anyone needs the file of the backflash when it's done.
I'm sure it will prove useful if you upload it to Resources.

pennymad

B M Co. backflash help

Postby pennymad » Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:05 am

Topic moved & merged - Site Admin.

Hi everyone I'm currently restoring a large case B M Co. 24 cup allwin. I need a new backflash. It's red and a thinnish plastic like material but I don't know where I could get one from. I have brought some red card close to the colour and was going to have a play with getting one laminated and one sprayed with clear lacquer as a trial and error. I hope someone can help and give some advise please
Regards Dave.

badpenny
Forum Moderator

Re: B m & co backflash help

Postby badpenny » Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:20 pm

Hi Dave, have you tried searching "backflash" or "back flash" in the Resources section of the forum?

pennymad

Postby pennymad » Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:18 pm

I haven't done yet as I'm relatively new so getting used to how it all works, will have a look now thanks

badpenny
Forum Moderator

Postby badpenny » Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:07 pm

I'm not promising you'll find what you need, I know there a few in there but I don't go out of my way for allwins.
You might need someone who is into BMCo and can photo one.
But it's worth a look. :cool: