Rust off with wire wheel

Advice and guidance on repair and restoration techniques.
scottie

Rust off with wire wheel

Post by scottie »

Just goes to show you, no matter how must rust is on a machine, anything is possible.
Works like a charm, just have to install it in the machine and I'm done and on to the next one, thanks to the wire wheel on my grinder.
Scottie
Attachments
Before
Before
After
After
After
After
After
After
widget2k4

Re: Rust off with wire wheel

Post by widget2k4 »

Nice job mate !!THUMBSX2!!
scottie

Post by scottie »

thank you Widget2k4

well i think im all done,just have to bum a few cig off someone and test it out that the cig drop properly.
what a day yesterday, i was mounting the cig vender in the allwin not a big deal at all,but then i had to connect the vending part to the knob linkage ...so when you turn the knob you get your cig.
very long story short it didnt go well,pick up some flat stock,came home,measured,cut,bend ,drill holes,and tap some threads..dropped one bolt on the floor of the garage never did find that one,also dropped a nut which i found this morning ,broke, well i lost track how many but somewhere around 5 or 6 1/16 inch drill bits..and broke 2 taps ...bad day in the garage and the worse part ...the part i made didnt work,so i cleaned up, put all the tools away and made another piece just out of tin ,again just to see if i was going about it the wrong way
crazie thing is the thin tin work fine ,doesnt look as nice but ill leave it for now :dammit:

scottie
widget2k4

Post by widget2k4 »

Haha that's the world of slots mate