What bandit to restore?

Advice and guidance on repair and restoration techniques.
brianh

Re: What bandit to restore?

Post by brianh »

Had a closer look at the jackpot tubes and as I see it the knob on top payout slide (1), when activated, pushes bar (2) which releases the "brake" (3) and then should also rotate the circular disc (4) under the 2 payout tubes so that holes in the disc move under the payout tubes allowing coins to drop out, if that makes sense. I can manually move the disc but very stiff. The jackpot, when it comes up, correctly triggers the top payout slide which releases the brake but does not move the disc.

Apologies if I'm using incorrect terminology! Any clues on where to go next would be gratefully received !PUZZLED!
Attachments
jackpot2a.jpg
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Yes, you have the process right. I suspect all that is happening is the disc that releases the coins is jammed up, most likley with dirt. I myself would remove the whole jackpot unit and clean every part, lightly oil any part that does NOT come into contact with any coins. Operate the JP by hand before replacing it in the machine. It's a very simple system and should be very easy to fix.

So it looks like the two tubes operate as one jackpot. You have almost identified the coin route, but not quite. The view from above would make it look like after the main slide tube is full. Coins do indeed continue on to the first tube, but I suspect when that is full they continue on to the second tube. When that is full they run across the second tube, turn right and drop into the coin box. When you clean the JP, unit make sure to clean the coin runs and the JP tubes themselves, so the coins run as fast as possible and fall straight when inside the tubes.
brianh

Post by brianh »

Many thanks once again for your help coppinpr - that's perfect !THUMBS! - will give it a go tomorrow - something to do in my "Bat Cave" on a thoroughly cold, wet weekend. :lol: