Hello - New member from West Sussex UK

Tell us a bit about yourself.
pinballtoys

Hello - New member from West Sussex UK

Post by pinballtoys »

Hello everyone
my day job is fixing pinball machines, mainly electronic ones from the mid 70's onwards.
However when i'm on site i often get asked to fix all kinds of things from electric gates, tumble dryers, jukeboxes, fruit machines. Recently got introduced by a collector of Mutoscopes and that got me thinking of my local pier in Worthing had some. I'm going back 45-50y ago. Anyone have any idea of what makes / models they had. All i can remember is a fortune teller and a 'horror' based scene

Regards Bob
treefrog

Re: Hello - New member from West Sussex UK

Post by treefrog »

Welcome Bob,

I can’t help you with what was on Worthing pier, but on viewer front, they could have been both British and American variants.

There are two members on the site (Coppin and Malcymal) who have shared memories of machines in Worthing pier, if you do a search you will see some of the results, they I am sure will respond as live locally and still active members...
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Welcome to the forum bob,
I too remember the pier arcade at worthing well, and from the same era. Photos of Worthing pier are not as common as those of most piers for some reason and I only have one on my penny-arcade website, (low down on the page listed below) it does show mutoscopes but the heavier outdoor type from the early 1900's . The ones I remember were much like the ones that can be seen in the photo slightly lower on the page at Hartlepool. There were,as you say, also several "working models" including "the night watchman" and "the execution "

https://www.penny-arcade.info/amusement ... m-the-past

pinballtoys

Post by pinballtoys »

I remember the night watchman fondly
great website, will spend lots & lots of time looking at that properly!