Tell us a bit about yourself.
bryansjim

Where have all the slots gone?

Postby bryansjim » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:24 pm

I haven't bought a slot for several years are collectors holding on to them as there doesn't seem to be much on eBay these days. I'm thinking about paying a visit to the EH even though it's against my better judgement. !PUZZLED!
It's been 10 years since I logged on - where does time go? 😀

badpenny
Forum Moderator

Re: Where have all the slots gone?

Postby badpenny » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:29 pm

How long since you logged onto the Coventry Auction?

Here

BP :cool:

brigham

Postby brigham » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:55 am

If the OP is using 'slots' in the American sense, then there isn't a single one listed at the Coventry Auction so far!

badpenny
Forum Moderator

Postby badpenny » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:08 am

Normally at this stage we don't have any machines of any description, shape or size listed.
We depend upon you collectors to take advantage of the auction by putting in as well as taking out.

The submission form is available on line as announced on the Coventry Auction thread.
BP :byee:

malcymal

Postby malcymal » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:39 am

IMO they've all gone from Ebay as somebody constantly reports the auction to ebay and gets them taken off for reasons we can all speculate about.

The ones that are on Ebay with a permit are ridiculously over priced or dubious in their originality.

brianh

Postby brianh » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:41 pm

Coincidentally just "won" an eBay bandit and within 5 minutes of it ending eBay pulled off all details of it and commented:

"We had to remove this listing from the site and you're not required to complete the transaction. If you've already sent payment, the sale should process as normal and you don't have anything to worry about. If you have any questions about delivery, please check tracking or contact your seller. If you run into any trouble along the way eBay is here to help. Please visit the Resolution Centre to help resolve any problems you may encounter."

Interesting that they would allow sale to continue if I had managed to pay before they pulled it?? Anyway, was expecting possible problem so had saved seller in advance under another item they had listed so able to keep in touch. Moral of this is that if you are interested in an item that doesn't show a permit, save the seller's details separately so you can still make contact if the item vanishes.

aristomatic

Postby aristomatic » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:54 pm

Seller probably delighted if you proceed as eBay likely cancel his final value fees.

malcymal

Postby malcymal » Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:02 pm

Well there was a nice little Bally appeared yesterday before my eyes on ebay search that needed an easy fix and was only £150 buy it now or best offer and I was tempted as they offered courier. Went back on five minutes later and gone; snapped up quick or reported. I honestly believe that somebody is attempting to corner a market by reporting people. Obviously the point is, buy a permit, but most people who have a machine kicking about the house, garage, shed who just want to make some pennies for xmas, holiday dont know this.

aristomatic

Re: Where have all the old slots gone?

Postby aristomatic » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:04 pm

Old Blokes Picked Them, Everyone

pennymachines
Site Admin

Re: Where have all the old slots gone?

Postby pennymachines » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:32 pm

When will they ever learn?
When will they ever learn? !!VIOLIN!!