Hi from new member

Tell us a bit about yourself.
bobthebuilder

Hi from new member

Post by bobthebuilder »

Hi, Having just purchased 3 machines I came across this site whilst searching the internet so thought it only polite to introduce myself, I enclose pictures of the machines and am sure as I get into it a little further I will have many a question to ask of the good people on here, any information on these would be gratefully received
The clock is working fine
the Victory was sold as mechanically working and wheels spin ok but lights and payout not operative seller had it using a 110v supply but I am under the impression that it is only the lights that run off 110v from internal transformer and that the coin op is utilising a 240v solenoid? - have not looked into this yet but if someone can tell me it defiantly should not work of 110v that will be a start

As I am working all work so I only get to work on these at weekends so I have time to read up on these machines and if anyone can point me in the right direction I would be grateful

My first question is about the Allwin it works ok put coin in ball drops fires and when landing in a win ball is returned when turning the knob but there is no coin payout - any easy fix checks would be appreciated

Many thanks for reading and hope to learn from your experience

Bob
Attachments
20190728_200308a.jpg
20190728_200233a.jpg
20190728_200219a.jpg
13rebel

Re: Hi from new member

Post by 13rebel »

Hi Bob,welcome to the forum and well done on your new acquisitions. If you post photos of the inside of your allwin I'm sure we can help you with regard payout eg has it got the coin hopper,payout slide etc. The bandit experts will no doubt be along to help you with the Victory machine.
brigham

Post by brigham »

Nice to hear that The Clock is working fine. It should be a simple restoration.
All the missing artwork is here in 'Resources', and people here can even print it up for you, ready to fit.
Allwins contain much ingenuity, but the basic principles are straightforward and simple.
Once you've seen a complete one working, you'll understand all of them!
You've done the right thing, starting with three machines. Some people start with one, and naïvely think that 'one is quite enough'.
It's a surprisingly common delusion!
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Hi, and welcome to by far the best slot forum. The Clock looks fine but perhaps not the original case(?)the original art work is available on the site should you wish to change it. The allwin will be a small problem I suspect, most likely springs.some photos of the inside will tell the allwin experts whats wrong The Sega might need looking at if you say it will not pay (is that right?) Only the lights are electric. The payouts should be mechanical. If the lights are a problem, first change the starters and tubes. If the ballast is blown, you can easily replace with a modern small sized digital replacement for about £5. I'm not certain but all the ones of these I've had I don't remember having a transformer, just mains power in going to the light ballast. Could be wrong. :!?!:
Last edited by coppinpr on Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

I had a Sega Victory back in the early 90s.
The handle release on mine was electric as well.
The coin enters and flicks a micro switch that activates a solenoid that acts on the Dog & Anvil releasing it to play.
If I remember the pay out was manual but may have had an electric dispense for a Special Award Token?!

BP
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

I was a bit confused by the voltage question as if a U.K. machine should be 240v.....

I did put a wiring diagram in Resources 6 years ago covering Windsors, which a few others have loaded of same copy, but this shows a few output voltages from the transformer for lights at 110v, small bulbs lighting up denominator at 6v and solenoid, coils for play at 28v.

Not being an expert on electrical diagrams, I would suggest you have a look. You need to be registered for these resources.

Sega Windsor Parts Catalogue wiring diagram
bobthebuilder

Post by bobthebuilder »

Thanks all for the welcome - and the advice will be looking into the machines over the next few weeks to see where I am with them will probably leave the Victory to last - I work on elevators so have good knowledge of mechanics and electrics so should be able to work out most of it but as always experience counts and there semms to be abundance on here

thanks for the link to the drawing treefrog

thanks for making me welcome

Bob
radiochrissie

Post by radiochrissie »

Re Sega Victory, the lights are across the mains input irrespective of what the transformer has been set to, the tappings on the transformer only effect the secondary voltages ie 28v and 6v (AC) . Hope this helps.