Accessing Resources

A message to you...
pennymachines
Site Admin

Accessing Resources

Post by pennymachines »

Images etc. in Resources are only visible to logged in members of the site. As you may be aware, some of the high resolution images and other large files can now only be downloaded with a password (following our run in with a selfish eBayer).

I've now redesigned (and hopefully simplified) the way it works, following feedback from cait001. She pointed out that a lot of folks don't have email clients installed on mobile devices which they use to view the site.

So now when you click the 'Upload Password-Protected Files To Resources' button, it takes you straight to an upload form on the site.

When you click the 'Download Full Sized Files From This Topic' button, it takes you to the page with the resource, which has a 'Request Password' button. This automatically sends me and badpenny the request. One of us can then email or PM the password to you.

The site registration for new members has also been 'hardened' slightly. Newly registered members don't have access to Resources (or the Members' Discussion forum) and their first post must be approved by me or badpenny before those restrictions are removed. This alone may prevent similar exploits, and is the most effective block against Spam.