Restoring Mills Deluxe (Boland Spinning Reels)

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
deano67

Restoring Mills Deluxe (Boland Spinning Reels)

Post by deano67 »

Topic split - Site Admin.

Hi,
New on here, I'm restoring a "Mills Deluxe" bandit and looking for info on its age, production numbers etc. Can't work out how to post pics of it??*
Many thanks.

* See How to Upload Images - Site Admin.
coppinpr

Re: Paint spraying

Post by coppinpr »

Hi deano, and welcome to the best of all slot forums. Here you WILL get answers to your questions, quickly and correctly....most of the time. :lol:

Couple of tips on using the forum:

1. posting photos is easy. When you write a new post the option to add attachments is listed directly below your post window. Click on that, then click on "add files" and follow the simple instructions.

2. picking the right section - Your first post came up in a thread about spray painting. You really needed to start a thread in "Questions and Answers" to get the guys looking at your post quickly.

Another thing to remember here is "we love photos". We can fix almost any machine and answer almost any question if we have access to photos. Your post is a good example. We may well know your machine by another name, show us a photo and we will ID it.

If you can't post a photo go to one of these sites and see if it's there and report back.

http://www.penny-arcade.info/the-mills-collection

http://www.pinball-gallery.com/archives ... &cst=MILLS
aristomatic

Re: Paint spraying

Post by aristomatic »

Maybe a Boland Deluxe/Spinning Reels?
aristomatic

Re: Restoring Mills Deluxe

Post by aristomatic »

OP contacted me over an ebay listing and realised same person. I'll try to post his pic. Hopefully people will be able to assist him with his original requests?
Attachments
ebay march 12 1952.jpg
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Yes, it's a Boland Spinning Reels with the usual Mills mech slotted in. In fact, I think it's one I restored a few years ago. There is thread on the forum with more details of age etc.
deano67

Post by deano67 »

Thanks for the info. Was it this actual one you restored a few years ago, or just one in general? Any markings etc. you may have left inside?
Can't work out the payouts. It only seems to pay out on 2 cherries or 3 oranges and very rarely 3 bars.
aristomatic

Post by aristomatic »

coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

A closer look and I don't think it was mine. I remade both the instruction card and the payouts. Yours has the old instructions and is missing the payouts card. Cleaning the slides (but not oiling them) and checking the springs may well fix the payouts.
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

deano67

Post by deano67 »

Thanks for the info. I have cleaned the slides etc. and springs all good. It makes a hell of a clank when the payout fingers hit the discs at end of the cycle. The fingers also drag the discs every now and then and don't let the reels spins properly?

Tried a shim on the arm that is supposed to hold the fingers away. Might be something else?
Still don't know what the payouts should be. Anyone any ideas?

Thanks.
coppinpr

Re: Restoring Mills Deluxe (Boland Spinning Reels)

Post by coppinpr »

Sounds like it's just a little out on the timing but check everything else before changing that.
You can't be quite sure what Mills mech was pushed into the case but it most likley has
1 cherry = 2
2 cherries = 4
oranges and plums = 8
bells and bars = 10