Bingolett identified

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
Jenny

Bingolett identified

Post by Jenny »

Wonder if anyone out there can offer some help!

We have a penny slot machine
Only details are: its name en-scripted on the right hand side where you insert the old pennies:
ROCKGABEKNOPF
It's in a wooden casing.
The front is edged with gold coloured metal.
Glass front.
Painted onto the glass are numbers varying from 1 - 4 in vertical columns of 4 figures. This appears at the top of the glass in green/yellow/red and blue painted glass.
Behind the glass are 3 rows of pins where the ball drops down when you flip the lever which is located at the bottom of the wooden casing at the front on the right hand side.

It all lights up when switched on.
My husband was given it back in the 1970s but it is older than that.
Anyone able to offer any guidance at this stage?

Many thanks, Jenny.
slotalot

Re: INFORMATION REQUEST FOR OUR SLOT MACHINE PLS

Post by slotalot »

Hi Jenny, welcome to the forum, I'm sure someone will have an answer for you :D , it might even be me :cool: but if you can post a photo of your machine it will give us all a better chance of finding some info for you :thumbs: regards Slotalot. :tarah:
Jenny

Re: INFORMATION REQUEST FOR OUR SLOT MACHINE PLS

Post by Jenny »

Thanks for your reply - we will get a picture as soon as we can.
Think it's a German machine, since all the wording inside at back is German.
Thanks again, be in touch soon, Jenny.
malcymal

Re: Information about our slot machine please

Post by malcymal »

Hi Jenny, welcome to the forum. In the absence of a picture, try this site
http://www.automatix-club.de/index.php? ... &Itemid=37
You will have to wade through the A - Z to try and find your machine, when you do, can you tell us what it is?
I'm not sure, my German sucks, but I think KNOPF means button, so I think RockGabeKnopf is not the make, either some sort of instruction for coin return or playing the game.
Malc.
Jenny

Post by Jenny »

Reply for Malc:
Thanks for that website and we have found the exact machine:
SECOND PAGE: BINGOLETT
MANUFACTURED YEAR: 1959
hersteller: Gunter Wulff, Berlin
Gerateart: Kugelschleuder

Problem with ours, many years ago our son (who is now 28 yrs) decided he needed some of its parts to build a revolving light....so without asking he went up in the loft and removed what my husband would say was most of its guts, the motorized cam unit or whatever it is called has been completely removed. It lights up but that's all... My husband was and is still upset that it is in this state, he wanted several times to take it up the 'tip' but we haven't. He did try to find out about the machine about 20 - 25 years ago, but in those times there were no websites and probably not even computer facilities as we have today.
So next question is: what chance of getting it up and running again? Thanks for all your help so far, my husband has just had his head in the back of the machine!! :P :P :P ;)
Jenny and Richard.
slotalot

Post by slotalot »

Hi Jenny :D , well done on finding the make and model of your machine, if you want to get it going the best man to ask is Harold :cool: he goes by the name Englishman11, if you look at the top of the forum page you will see the Members tab, look in there for his name, you can send him a private email (PM) from there if you wish, he is the best there is for this type of machine :adore: , good luck. Stuart. :tarah:
operator bell

Post by operator bell »

I have one of these, that I bought about a year ago.
http://www.automatenarchiv.de/atm119.htm
This German site sells maintenance parts, I bought parts there to restore mine, but whether they have spares for the cam timer and stepping switches, I have no idea. Which parts are actually missing? If it's the cam timer that sits at the top, you have no alternative to the exact replacement, as it has a mechanical linkage to the coin mechanism.

Whatever you do, though, don't just dump it. You can part it out, there's a market for all those spare parts. And the machine itself is so simple that it wouldn't be rocket science to make a whole new controller for it based on a microcontroller.
Jenny

Post by Jenny »

Thanks for your reply, we have e-mailed the German company. Yes it's the main cam timer that would need replacing, most of the other parts are intact.
Many thanks for your help. I will wait and see what response we get back.
:cool: