Jennings Governor parts

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
DavidHarding

Jennings Governor parts

Post by DavidHarding »

No picture yet, but:
I have a governor Tic tac Toe, set to give two pulls for 5p. (So I reckon and old shilling machine with a new flash and award card.)
Trouble is it pays out far too often. That is faster than I put money in.
I get three coins (marked as 15p) for a single 'Tic', single cherry, and also for either of these with a middle cherry. -- Seems a bit pointless that!
Now six 'free' pulls for getting either a TIC or a cherry in position one doesn't seem to be right to me.

I can't believe that Jennings designed it to pay out over 100%, so it seems to me that the machanism is in fact intended for one pull per game.

Does anyone know where I can get an escalator chain with all the lugs, and a replacement top flash and award card that says one pull for a shilling? Or is there another way to reduce the payouts??

Thanks
steinslots

Post by steinslots »

Most of the Governors I used to refurbish for the fairs had a spinner on one of the first cherry's or the TIC symbol.

I havn't worked out the odds but it must be around 20% less payout.

Carl
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

David,
If you can list the symbols from top to bottom of each reel, plus the complete payout scheme, I may be able to tell you the exact percentage your machine should be paying by referring to D Mead's Handbook of Slot Machine Reel Strips.

I think Governors usually return 80+%.
steinslots

Post by steinslots »

If it's any consolation. mine is exactly the same (its on single coin play) and usually has sod all in the cash tin, even though the payout tube never empties.

The comment you made about the escalator: I thought originally on the 2 pulls per coin system, the "coin detector" bar had two pins in it, one to detect the first coin which comes in, and the other pin also detects the same coin on the next clunk of the escalator. One simply removes the second (right hand) pin to convert to single game.
Unless of course some greasy cowboy has filed off every other one of those pegs from the chain, which was another way of doing it and to get the escalator to accept the next coin size up.