Adapting old machines

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
pennymachines
Site Admin

Re: HELP!...please :-)

Post by pennymachines »

There's also a Brenco 1960s ring vendor - 99p reserve not met, 2 days to go.

And if you didn't already find them, some X-Ray Photography Cards to add to your collection.
Attachments
Brenco.JPG
Brenco.JPG (24.77 KiB) Viewed 4408 times
loramarsden

Post by loramarsden »

gah! all these finds look pretty excellent, such a pain that most of them need collecting...me being a non-driver... :-(
geeeeeez... whats a girl to do?

anyway, i'll have to have a proper look at them and see if i can get the creative cogs turning...a.) to decide which would be most useful and b.) to see how i could possibly get my dad to drive me somewhere to pick one up!!!

but yeah, thankyou so so much everyone for helping me with this, i can't believe how helpful everyone's being!!!

oh, and as for the x-ray cards...i've NEVER seen these... they're FANTASTIC.... could anybody tell me more about them???... :-?

lora x :D
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Congratulations Lora, I've never seen so much activity and willingness to assist a newbie before.
You've certainly stirred up this bunch of old codgers with your bright enthusiasm, I just hope they've got their heart pills in reach. Keep it up and good luck with your searches.

Badpenny :P
loramarsden

Post by loramarsden »

hehe thankyou! i'm super impressed/touched that people are being BRILLIANT... i can't thankyou enough! :mrgreen:
i just hope i can buy something and get on with the work, though i guess if the bank of mum and dad can't help it'll have to wait til the end of summer when student loan comes in, in which case, i'll have to start my search over!

oh well, lucky me, i'm hopefully off to southport in abit to take some photos and stuff :P i've never been so happy to be doing dissertation research... what a lucky girl I am...though i'm quite sure i'm going to look like an idiot on the pier on my own in the rain get stupidly excited about pennies!

hehe, i'll post some pictures later!

x lora x
slotalot

Post by slotalot »

Hi Lora :D , welcome to the forum and good luck with your projects, I have just got back from a week's holiday so I have just found your posts, you are not alone in your quest to make your own machines, I see that you live in Wigan :cool: have you seen the machines at the Wigan Pier?... :arrow: also if you are looking for some ideas or just want to play the old machines you will find a vintage penny arcade on the top floor of the Botany Bay Shopping Centre at J8 on the M61 near Chorley, I think that is just round the corner from you :thumbs: Regards Stuart. :byee:
loramarsden

Post by loramarsden »

hello! haha i do have the bad fortune of living in wigan... but maybe there's a silver lining in the form of penny machines at the pier... i had NO idea!?!?!?!... i'll have to check it out!
as for botany bay, i used to LOVE that penny arcade when i was little, but when i was on foundation i went there to take some pictures and was VERY disappointed, there was 2 dodgy fortune tellers on the stairwell and nothing else...and botany bay itself is pretty terrible, i think they must have moved them all to bygone times, which is where i sometimes go.. because they're sort of, owned by the same people i think, because the membership card is for both places.... so yeah, i figured they were the ones that used to be at botany!

thankyou so much for replying, i'll have to go on a little mission to the pier soon!

x lora x
coin-op
Forum Moderator

Post by coin-op »

I once visited the 'arcade' when it was in the Botany Bay shopping centre. There was quite a range of things there ranging from Magic Machines and a Hidden Treasure to tatty allwins. I also have been to bygone times. I just don't understand the concept of paying to go shopping at either of those places! Hence, I can't see me going back to either.
loramarsden

Post by loramarsden »

i don't really remember the botany bar arcade very well, i just remember loving it when i was little, but i bet it was really pretty awful!

as for paying to go there, yep, that's pretty shitty, but i think my membership card cost 3 quid...which i don't mind so much... and i guess its just the nearest place for me to get my coin-op hit of a weekend ;-)

x lora x
loramarsden

Post by loramarsden »

(my trip to southport the other day)
Attachments
postcardb.jpg
grabber

Post by grabber »

hello laura
great pictures i think this is clive bakers arcade ,do you have any more pictures and what are the posters on the shelf ?
many thanks mike.
loramarsden

Post by loramarsden »

sadly not posters, some TERRIBLY crude sticks of rock im afraid ;-)
malcymal

Post by malcymal »

Have you seen the couple of Perfume vendors on ebay at the moment, like cigarette machines but dispense little boxes with perfume inside.
loramarsden

Post by loramarsden »

:o no haven't! any chance you could send me a link? whenever people post these brilliant ebay auctions i don't have a clue how people find them, i must put terrible searches in!

x lora x