Mystery Purchase

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
malcymal

Mystery Purchase

Post by malcymal »

I have a friend coming around my house this afternoon who has located a one arm bandit in a barn. He knows nothing about machines, he says its a chrome front (so its bound to be very rusty) with a yellow knob on the handle. He says it plays and works on decimal half pence????? Well, i dont have a clue what it will be but im gonna buy it whatever it is for a small sum (no more than 40 quid which he as agreed, if its rubbish i will keep for parts or fleabay). Who knows, my suspicion is that its an aristocrat arcadian, i remember you could trick this when on decimal 1NP by putting in a half pence coin. Maybe my luck will yield something better, what if its a jennings?? doubtful.
If its an arcadian i will rub it all down and give it a painted makeover (not worth chroming) if its something else, well not sure.
Place your bets now, what is the random machine...
I would put evens on aradian, 20 to 1 on a jennings, or possibly its a bell fruit which will really suck....anymore that had chrome frontage you can think of??? I will post a photo when it turns up, if its renovateable something to keep me occupied during the winter.

Malc
The Grabber

Re: Mystery Purchase

Post by The Grabber »

hello
is it a trade stimulator ,like sparks or somthing like that ?
i hope its a jennings govenor for you
all the best mike
malcymal

Post by malcymal »

When the friends boot opens i will either keel over in horror or pleasure, gut feeling its an aristocrat..I cant remember Jennings machines anywhere in Bognor apart from Coles travelling fair. Saying that, one amusement arcade locally has one tucked in storage. I need to visit him at some point as they were temporarily shut due to ill health of the owner. He was bounding about a figure of £400 with restoration required.
ballymad

Post by ballymad »

if theres a small 1% chance its a bally (i know its unlikely) can i have it for spares :D :D
operator bell

Post by operator bell »

I'll put 1 pound on a 6d Jennings.
malcymal

Post by malcymal »

Dissapointment vomits on my duvet. It was a Sega Continental...Having renovated one of these recently i think i last said on the post id never take one again, mainly due to the amount of metal on the beast which involves a lot of graft and cost. So its sitting at friends, if i want it i can have it for nothing. Something ive never seen before, it was a decimal 1/2p play (half pence)...With wins up to 18 coins, had mad money images on reals and a gold award feature. The coin mech wasnt an escalator, it was a shefra. So, for parts i guess it would be good for stipping and flogging off to people, but i loathe to destroy machines, although not economically viable to do it all up. It was all there, it played very sound but with all that rusty exterior metal and the scourge of being left in a barn, im too feint hearted to take it on. Inside it was fine, very very clean. If anybody has any interest in contiental parts, let me know. If i can find enough takers i might go pick it up (with two people, so damn heavy which is another thing that puts me off). Everything is there, even the keys and locks. Malc ; (