Lord Sega, Lock Broken

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
sparcy

Lord Sega, Lock Broken

Post by sparcy »

Hi

My lord SEGA door lock was rusted solid and I have ended up having to drill the whole thing out.

If I knew what was inside I may be able to operate it through the lock hole or from below as the cash box comes out.

Any advise on how to open it would be appreciated

Sparcy :
coin-op
Forum Moderator

Re: Lord Sega, Lock Broken

Post by coin-op »

I think this will be the type of lock mechanism where the cam at the back of the lock would move an internal bar which hooks inside the front door to hold it closed. So, what you have to do is feel for a small rod on the bar (which would have interacted with the lock cam) which should be inside to the left of the lock hole. Now this is the bit I'm not too sure about - you either have to push up or pull down on that rod so that the whole bar moves about 1 cm and if you pull on the front door that should come open. I think I once used an allen key head with a pair of pliers to apply sufficent force. Maybe someone has a better idea. Unfortunately, the only bandit I have with that sort of door mech is out on loan to a friend, so I can't provide a pic at the moment.
NOTE -edited the above as originally I had wrongly stated that the rod was to the right of the lock hole...but it's to the left!
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

I have lost my camera, so I have found some old picks of my Lord Sega, which I have tried to show what Coin-Op has indicated. The lock lifts and drops a slide bar that lifts the door hooks. If the lock has been drilled and you cannot get to lift the bar, you maybe able to try through the coin tray as indicated on below picture, I did try and could just get a small screwdriver upto the lifting bar/cover. The only problem is whether the lock has been properly freed. Try also pulling down on the door and out when doing this.
Attachments
lordlock5.JPG
sparcy

Post by sparcy »

Thanks for the info. Is there just one locking hook or are there two on the slide bar?

Everything seems jammed solid. I have got a bent piece of steel up between the door and the cabinet and should be able to push the catch up with it.

It still comes to a stop as if it has found the hook but at the moment there is no movement from the catch.

Will keep trying

Sparcy
sparcy

Post by sparcy »

Yippee

I got onto the bar where you say push up here and gave it a big whack with a hammer and bingo it moved and the door sprung open

The whole thing bar mechanism is rusty and that's probable why it would not move in the first place

Thank the lot.

I may need help with some of the others as I get them home, some don't seem to have keys tied to them although there are lots of spare keys I have picked up from the floor.

Sparcy
coin-op
Forum Moderator

Post by coin-op »

Glad to hear that you got in there. Make sure you either disable the locking bar or put something in place to prevent the door swinging shut and locking again. I've had the experience of getting into such a machine only for this to happen to me.
malcymal

Post by malcymal »

You can still get those ACE locks from old smithys; i got three for my continental which were exactly the same part number.
Take the drilled out one into an old time lock smithy and they will be able to replace it for you!