kit-kat prizes

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
lucy

kit-kat prizes

Post by lucy »

I am looking for a machine for my step-dad, who spotted one on Southport pier recently. I don't know anything about it or where I would be able to purchase one, but thought if i give you all the information i know maybe somebody could help me out?
It is a machine where you put a penny in the slot to release the ball, it then spins round and round and in his day it used to release kit-kat chocolate bars. the one on the pier is an Allwin de Luxe...does this mean anything to anybody or is my description to vague?
Any thoughts would be most appreciated...
Thanks
john t peterson

Post by john t peterson »

Hi Lucy,
More than likely, your Dad was referring to the Kit-Kat allwin by Oliver Whales. Although made by more than one company (or at least distributed by more than one) the Whales machines with the endearing little kiddies in the meadow with the huge candy bar is probably the best known. They were produced from the 1950's into the '60's according to"Arcades And Slot Machines" by Paul Braithwaite. The one pictured below is typical although not in tiptop Kitty-Kat condition.
Attachments
Kitkat.jpg
Kitkat.jpg (91.42 KiB) Viewed 4451 times
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

As for purchasing one - you might try emailing Forum member daveslot. He recently had a number of sweet/prize allwins for sale.
lucy

thanks!

Post by lucy »

Thanks for this- i hadn't expected such enormous help!! i will take this info and contact the seller. all the best to you both :-)