Robinson & Co., Blackpool

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
pennymachines
Site Admin

Re: ROBINSON AND CO. BLACKPOOL

Post by pennymachines »

Top marks for trying anyway and at least they didn't want their machine back !SMILER!
13rebel

Post by 13rebel »

I got my letter back today with a post office sticker on it saying ' addressee gone away'......phew, I guess I can keep my machine.
13rebel

Post by 13rebel »

Sorry me again - if someone tells me how to put a photo onto the message body, I'll post a picture of the plate on my machine (as long as you explain like you would to a two year old!)
slotalot

Post by slotalot »

Hi 13rebel :D , once upon a time there was a browse button :cool: this is just under the submit button at the bottom of the Reply page, if you press it it will open your photo file , pick the photo you want to post and press open, then if you look under the browse button you will see the add the file button, press this and your photo will upload to the forum, also make sure the photo file is not too big before you try this, and they all lived happily ever after !READ! THE END, joking aside I hope this has helped you, and you did say tell you like a two year old! :byee:

Here's the "adults only" version: How to Upload Images - Site Admin.
13rebel

Post by 13rebel »

If you google 'Robinson and Co.Blackpool' and go to the 8th item down (www.britevents etc.) in the centre of page click on Robinson and Co. details of a nightclub, an amusement arcade and the said address can be found. Perhaps it's all in the back garden of Slotalots photo? Thanks to Slotalot for the story, I was dropping off nicely at the end. So to the pic... hopefully.... and no, I didn't scratch out 'PROPERTY' to avoid giving it back!
Attachments
r and co on monkey.JPG
slotalot

Post by slotalot »

It has taken me a while but I have managed to find more info on Robinson & Co Blackpool !READ!

Robinson & co was owned by Leonard Robinson, (formerly Leonard Levy) he changed his name from Levy to Robinson in 1948; he was born in 1911 and passed away in 1971. He left a wife Mary Ann Robinson, she continued to run the company for many years as manageress, she passed away in High croft Nursing Home Blackpool on the 15th Dec 2004. The property at 36 Reads Avenue was sold for renovation in 2007 having stood semi derelict for a number of years, although some of the out buildings at the rear of No 36 were still in use at this time, one of which was occupied by a wig maker of all things. The connection to the website of the same name & address remains a mystery. !PUZZLED! maybe someone was trading on the Robinsons' good name???? I don't think the website has been updated for some time..... :byee:
13rebel

Post by 13rebel »

Thanks Slotalot for the gen on Robinson and co. - it can't have been easy to have dug up such info. It's always nice to have such history, thanks again for your efforts.
funky

Post by funky »

Another unusual one arm bandit on ebay: item no 180829606327
Robinson and Co., READS AVE, BLACKPOOL.

I walk past here at least once a month... always have a nosey in case there's some old hidden machines getting thrown out. !!YIPPEE!! ........ Dooohhh who am I kidding? What's the chances of that? !PUNISH! Bet someone got a van load of hidden gems at some point years ago when all these old machines became non-operational in the seaside resorts!! But hey, maybe a shed load of old allwins and bandits will surface at some point?...or am I just a day dreamer? !PUNISH! ....... :tarah:
Attachments
robinson.JPG
sterling.JPG