Mutoscope/Biograph machines

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
BenSamuel

Mutoscope/Biograph machines

Post by BenSamuel »

Hello,

my name is Ben Samuel, I am working on a brand new historical engineering TV series.

I am wondering if anyone knows of someone who can fix broken mutoscope or biograph machines.

I would be really grateful if you could get in touch if you do know of anyone.

Thanks very much,

Ben
Last edited by BenSamuel on Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Re: Mutoscope/Biograph machines

Post by badpenny »

Hi Ben, ...... welcome to the forum, I would confidently say that we have all kinds of experts amongst our bunch.
To help them to help you, I suggest you give some thought to
* Do you want to commission someone to do work for you?
* Do you just want advice?
* If you want somebody to actually look at a machine for you, it helps to know where you are.
* Also what kind of Mutoscope/Biograph machine it is, have you photos?

Finally you may want to consider removing your e-mail address from your post as this is a public forum and past experience tells us that trawling bots may latch on to it and you'll get spammed to death!

Anyone on this forum can PM you directly.
If you are comfortable or are able to we'd all love to know more about your brand new historical engineering TV series.

Good luck

Badpenny
BenSamuel

Post by BenSamuel »

Hi,

Thanks for advice - email has been duly removed.

I don't know a huge amount about the machine myself, it is owned by someone who I have been talking to regarding the series. In an ideal world, I'd like to put someone who knows a lot about the machines in touch with the owner so they can liase about what needs to be done/cost etc.

Unfortunately, I can't reveal much about the series at this point - sorry!

Best,

Ben
slotalot

Post by slotalot »

Hi Ben, if you want to know about Mutoscopes you should talk to this man - he is the uncrowned king of the Mutoscope.. John Hayward 01273 608620 that's a Brighton number, good luck Stuart.
grabber

Post by grabber »

There's also a man in America making parts and mutoscope reels.
Please see this web site: http://www.mutoscopeman.com
I can also pass on the email address if needed.
Hope this helps.
coin-op
Forum Moderator

Post by coin-op »

Hi Samuel, I assume that the mutoscope is like the one in this picture; which is the more common version. If so, there is some information on its operation which may help your acquaintance to sort the problem.

IMG_5187.JPG

Another option is to give an indication of your location and maybe another member can help with a working machine.
slotalot

Post by slotalot »

Coin-Op’s observation about putting your location on the forum is a very good one and applies to all forum members :D , and it can work to your advantage when asking for help with a problem machine, a forum member might see that you only live a few miles from his or her own location and as a result may offer to pop round and take a look at the problem for you !PUZZLED! , I have met, helped and been helped by a few new slottie friends that I have come into contact with via the forum this way !!CHEERS!! , and it all makes this forum a better place to be. !!THUMBSX2!!
glittering-prize67

Post by glittering-prize67 »

HI BEN, I build and restore and also design all types of coin operated machines. I have a website going live in May and have built machines from the age of 7. You are welcome to view my restored and homebuilt examples. I have done a lot of work for many arcade and museum owners and really it's them who for many year told me to make a business. So I did, but until a few months ago it was a very passionate hobby. If interested, please let me know.