Newby needs help with 'Honest Joe'

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
rattitude

Honest Joe restoration finally done!

Post by rattitude »

("Newby needs help with 'Honest Joe'" topic merged with "Honest Joe restoration finally done!" - Site Admin.)

It's Honest Joe!
24 winning cups, and 1 losing cup-- you can't lose (or can you? I wonder...).

Life is in another cycle of hectic fun, leaving me little time to work on my myriad of restorations, but I forced the issue. I went into a frenzy on Honest Joe this past weekend and played hooky from work on Monday to finish it up.

It's seems like forever since I got the mechanics working by making my own hinges and payout mechanism.

The results are below. I spent 2 solid evenings lovingly painting/touching up the playfield artwork. They'll never know. And who would've thought there was (mostly) shiny chrome under all that black and dark gray, rough crust? The black wood required a complete redo, revealing quartersawn oak. Yummy.

My wife likes this one so much that she's extended an invitation to mount it in the upstairs living room rather than the gameroom/basement. The wonders never cease! !!RAYOF!!

Now... maybe I can get back to work on that 50ft Woman pachinko the '47 console slot machine restorations.
Attachments
allwin instructions.JPG
allwin left.JPG
allwin right side.JPG
allwin shooter.JPG
q sawn.JPG
honest joe.JPG
allwin full.JPG
slotalot

Re: Honest Joe restoration finally done!

Post by slotalot »

!PARTY! !!GOODJOB!! !!HOORAY!!
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Re: Honest Joe restoration finally done!

Post by badpenny »

A truly superb job, well done, you must feel well happy with that. Going back over your previous posts and making the comparison of before and after really shows the extent of your efforts..... (posh words for "the job's a good 'un!!)

Two questions that aren't related to this machine: -
1) Games room basement ??????????? :#:

2) 50ft Woman pachinko ?????? :shock:

.............. we need evidence, without pictures no such things exist, except perhaps in the world of our American Playboy.