Arcadian swap?

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
slotalot

Arcadian swap?

Post by slotalot »

Hi :D ,
This is probably not the right place to post this but it worked with Badpenny and his free machines so here goes.
Somewhere along the way I have acquired an Arcadian Fiesta bandit :!?!: which I had planned to refurbish for my grandson, but it would appear that he has better taste as he like playing on the old penny electromechanical machines that I have in my collection, so I am looking for a swop, that’s swop the machine NOT my grandson :tut ...
Basically this is a new penny bandit, it works but the reels hardly turn, I know it could do with a strip down and a good clean to get it running as it should; the only thing that is missing as far as I can see is the bit of tin that guides the coin from the coin slot to the coin mech, this would be easy to make or find, also the chrome is showing its age as you can see from the photo,
As I say I am looking to swop it for an electromechanical type machine, I am not after the crown Jewells or your best machine, in fact I prefer a machine that needs some work doing, as that's the bit I like best about collecting vintage slots,
So if you would like this machine and you have something that I might want in exchange lets see if we can work a deal. !!CHEERS!!
Attachments
fiesta.jpg
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Re: Arcadian swap?

Post by badpenny »

Come on Grandad make the lad a mini pusher ........... you know he would enjoy it, not to mention the rest of the family! :D
slotalot

Post by slotalot »

Badpenny wrote:Come on Grandad make the lad a mini pusher
!!IDEA!! That's not a bad idea....Anyone got a pusher to swop???? !!ANYONE!!
slotalot

Post by slotalot »

OK so its back to plan "A" then! But I still need your help :D
as I got no offers to swap your junk for mine I have decided give the machine a good clean and service and see if my grandson likes it any better once it is finished and shiny !!IDEA!!
The only thing that I need now is a 10amp three pin Female AU (Austrailian)Type plug to fit the power socket on the back of the machine, I have tried Ebay and the Clipsal website and I cant find one anywere :!?!: Does anyone know were I can get one from? any help would be well welcome !!CHEERS!!
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

They do crop up but very rarely. The last time I had an Arcadian I just rewired the whole lighting system with a lead exiting through one of the holes in the back of the cabinet and stuck a three pin plug on it.
However I know you are a perfectionist Stuart so ......................
slotalot

Post by slotalot »

Badpenny wrote:They do crop up but very rarely. The last time I had an Arcadian I just rewired the whole lighting system with a lead exiting through one of the holes in the back of the cabinet and stuck a three pin plug on it.
However I know you are a perfectionist Stuart so ......................
"Socket" to me BP!!!! !SORRY! but I had to say it....didn't I?
I may have to bypass the old sockets if I cant get hold of the correct plug :oops:
However the good news is I have freed up the mech and got it working, all I had to do was clean off the 30 year old solid grease from the bearings and the coin slides and it runs a treat !!THUMBSX2!! I just need to give the cabinet a wash and brush up.....then I can list it on Ebay as an genuine early 18th century Bryans Allwin and I will be quids in :clown:
I will post some photos of my efforts later :tarah:
andrew stretton

Post by andrew stretton »

Hi,
Just wondered if any member can help. I have an Aristocrat Arcadian, it worked fine when last used some 6-7 years ago, now when the lever is pulled the reels hardly move at all. They try to spin but not much movement at all. It's been stored in a dry building? Any ideas please.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Hi Andrew .......

Welcome to the site. Your machine is probably suffering from the same dry grease syndrome that Slotalot was just describing.
How familiar with the mechanism are you? Would it help if I said clean the grooves the wire brakes run in on the reels? Clean the pivot bearings where the reels axle join the A frames?
If not don't worry I was probably only using my own names for these things anyway.

Basically grease is to be avoided it goes dry and then does the opposite of what it was applied for. Scrape it all out and use a light oil (but not on the payout slides).
Badpenny
slotalot

Post by slotalot »

Hi Andrew, :D welcome to the forum....
It sounds as though your machine has the same problem as mine had with the reels running slow, as Badpenny says old solid grease will be the problem :didact:
if you remove the mech from the cabinet and turn it round you will see a thick shaft near the bottom, this is held in place with two half bearings, the half bearings have 2 screws each holding them to the left and right main frame castings, I carefully removed the half bearings one at a time and cleaned all the old grease from them, I reassembled them with a drop of light oil and that was al it took to get the reels spinning !!YIPPEE!! , its also worth checking all the other bearings for the same type of problems, just slowly work your way around the machine a bit at a time and you will be fine !PUZZLED!
Dont forget to let us know how you get on :tarah:
slotalot

Post by slotalot »

slotalot wrote:The only thing that I need now is a 10amp three pin Female AU (Australian) Type plug to fit the power socket on the back of the machine. I have tried Ebay and the Clipsal website and I can't find one anywhere :!?!: Does anyone know were I can get one from? Any help would be well welcome. !!CHEERS!!
Problem solved thanks to Bob Klepner of Australia who saw my posting for :!HELP:! with finding an Australian plug for my "grandson's" machine, he found and packed one up and sent it by !!PLANE!! all the way to my door here in /\UK/\ , so !!CHEERS!! Bob I will be shopping round for some flex to wire it up tomorrow, and here is a !!PHOTO!! of the plug fitted to the back of the machine....
Don't you just /\LOVE/\ this forum. :tarah:
Attachments
a1.jpg
operator bell

Post by operator bell »

Bob I will be shopping round for some flex to wire it up tomorrow,
Surely you aren't planning to use British flex, after going to all that trouble to get an authentic plug?

It probably won't have the correct coloured wires.
slotalot

Post by slotalot »

Operator Bell wrote:
Bob I will be shopping round for some flex to wire it up tomorrow,
Surely you aren't planning to use British flex, after going to all that trouble to get an authentic plug?

It probably won't have the correct coloured wires.
Hi Operator Bell :D
I never thought about the wire colours !PUZZLED!
But I was planning on getting a 12,000 mile long flex so I could run it of the correct Australian electricity :clown:
slotalot

Post by slotalot »

Hi :D
Grandson and Arcadian, this is now his first machine !THUMBS! so at almost 4 years old is he the youngest vintage slot machine collector????
Attachments
P8140083.JPG
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

I was going to comment on how much he looks like you, then I realised it was the Thomas the Tank Engine shirt that clinched it.
youngerap

Post by youngerap »

Hi, this is my first posting and I am delighted to be able to draw on such a repository of knowledge!

I have a two bandits, one of which is an Arcadian. It is due for a bit of an overhaul but generally runs well and pays out as expected - with one exception. Every now and again, when the handle is pulled the reels spin for a very short time sometime they barely seem to move) and they always stop on three oranges. You then wait until the cycle completes and the machine pays out.

Can anyone give an explanation of why it might be doing this and advise as to what can be done about it? Any advice would be gratefully received.

Cheers, Alan
denby

Post by denby »

need some help with wiring on arcadian, light in top box works fine can some tell me how to wire up the two tubes & starters in door
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

What is the state of the existing wiring? Most of the termination and ballasts are behind a plate behind the mechanism. Is the bits missing or leads disconnected....
denby

Post by denby »

nothing seems to be missing have wires up from ballast for door white wire, nutural,earth on door could you give me some idea on connections to starters have all light fittings new tubes & starters
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

If all the tubes and starters have been replaced then the liklehood is the ballasts have gone, they can also be a bit dodgyas far a safety goes, you might consider replaceing with the unit pictured below. They cost about £15 and run 1 or 2 9-13w tubes, they are light ,safe and small at 4inches by 2.5 inches. easy to find on the net. The wireing diagram is printed on the case
TRIDONIC
model PC1/2 9-13 TC PRO

ballast.jpg

denby

Post by denby »

i can get one or the other to light but not both the flicker or half light conections to starters did not seem right cannot find a diagram on net for wiring