Ball bearing sizes

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
panda999

Re: Ice Hockey balls?

Post by panda999 »

Thanks to the two replying members. Will have a measure up and follow your advice. I take that from the lack of replies that not many people have these machines or, really don't know themselves. Thanks again you two, appreciated.
gameswat

Post by gameswat »

I just went and checked in the ball container that I throw any spare balls into. And I found a bag full of used plastic balls that I'm sure came from a hockey machine, could be some dating back to the R&W I did, though probably a Seeburg I restored too! There is one very old red plastic of some kind that I'm sure was from the Seeburg, sized16.84mm (21/32") And a bunch in old but newer white plastic sized 17.55mm ( 11/16"). I imagine the reason I have so many spare is I replaced them in the Seeburg machine. Should be very close to the R&W machines I think.
panda999

Post by panda999 »

Thanks, Gameswat will look on line to see what I can find. All the best, Cheers!
slotsoffun

Stevenson & Lovett Conveyor Ball Size

Post by slotsoffun »

Topic merged - Site Admin.

Hi Guys,
Anyone know what size the original Conveyor ball size is? It appears to be quite large.
slotsoffun

Re: Stevenson & Lovett Conveyor Ball Size

Post by slotsoffun »

OK just found out an 18mm ball works perfect, just in case anyone needs to know.
tallstory

Re: Ball bearing sizes

Post by tallstory »

Can anyone suggest a good supplier for ball bearings please? I have been restoring a 'Many Happy Returns' by Ruffler & Walker but I am finding it difficult to get 14mm ball bearings (chrome steal?). I bought some that claimed to be 14mm but found they are really 9/16 inch and was surprised to find that the extra 0.2875 mm made them unreliable and sometimes jam in the ball release system.
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Funny I had the same issue, most suppliers list 14mm as both 9/16 and 14mm......from memory I bought some from Simplybearings on eBay, but they don’t have 14mm listed now....
pennymachines

Post by pennymachines »

Have a look under Services & Supplies. I've just listed my local supplier. Never had a problem getting any size, imperial or metric, but not sure how they work out price-wise on mail orders.
arrgee

Post by arrgee »

tallstory wrote:I bought some that claimed to be 14mm but found they are really 9/16 inch and was surprised to find that the extra 0.2875 mm made them unreliable and sometimes jam in the ball release system

Odd, as these machines were designed for imperial balls not metric?