* Tracing paper?
* Brass, Ferric Chloride then plated?
* CAD?
* Laser?
* Phaser on stun?
gameswat

Re: Mills Vest Pocket

Post by gameswat »

I use this resist film called PNP-Blue, google for info on that. Print out the background of the artwork in reverse (because you need to iron it on so then it will be the correct way again). Has to be printed with a laser or photocopier. Then touch up any spots or blemishes with a paint. Into an acid bath of Ammonium Persulphate for about 30 mins and viola! This plate was steel and i tried various different acids but this was easily the best of what i had at hand. It came from an electronics store to be used for circuit boards. Only my third effort thus far so still a way to go, plus been awhile so forgot some of the tricks i learnt last time! :oops:

Didn't take pics of this Sega job but here's some from the last time about 3 years ago. Made this Bussoz "La Girouette" name plate as a gift for a friend in Melb who was missing it. He'd done me a great favor picking up and packing a huge leaded glass chemist sign I'd bought over there on eBay. I once had the original plate turned backwards on a revamped Pinup Girl to copy from. This plate is etched brass by the way but doesn't look like it here, then plated and aged to suit the rest of the machine in the finished photo.
Attachments
bussoz plate done.jpg
bussoz plate closeup.jpg
bussoz plate clean.jpg
bussoz plate acid.jpg
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

That is impressive.

I've not come across Ammonium Persulphate before.

I've used FeCl3 in the past which is also used on PCBs.
Having still got one lung working on full bore and simply oodles of square inches of skin that's not stained a rusty soup colour; I'll go and read up on that one.

BP
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Haven't got a clue what you guys are talking about, but mighty impressive irrespective.....I dream of having the resto initiative some of you seem to have.......Funny that this flap seem to be a common area that always seems to deteriorate on the Mini Segas. I guess poor quality materials used.
torsten

Post by torsten »

Hello together,

I have bought a 6d Mini Sega in Bristol, I hope is coming to me in a good condition. Can me help someone if everything is not working? Torsten
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mills-pocket ... SwGIZeVqPA

greats Torsten
Attachments
MS.jpg
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

I am sure people can help, but that was a very expensive buy. I sold one of these at last year's Derby sale for £160 working............ I still have another two, in had one in Coventry. :#:
torsten

Post by torsten »

no the price was a little bit cheaper than the Ebay price, but not so cheap. if you have 1 over your requirment i will bought it to.