Pinball Machines

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
stoxman22

Pinball Machines

Post by stoxman22 »

Now I have been all consumed in the collecting of old slots I have decided to make a small arcade in my cellar. I would like to have a 60s/70s pinball machine but the doorway to my cellar is only 64cm wide. My question is..:
Having never seen how a Pinball is put together is it possible to dismantle the casings and reassemble them again without damage? The electrical side of things is not a problem to me but I would like to know how the casing is constructed. Anyone help?

Stoxman
Yorkshire Pudding

Post by Yorkshire Pudding »

A standard pinball cabinet is around 56cm wide so that shouldn't be a problem. The heads are wider of course but are easily removed, you just need to unplug a few connectors that join the cab to the head (my 1972 Bally Fireball has just three connectors in the head to unplug). The head can then be unbolted from the cab and the two can be moved around independently.

Later machines are not so easy to separate, WPC machines from the 1990s have literally dozens of connectors to unplug! It can still be done without too much difficulty though.

Keith
margamatix

Post by margamatix »

On a typical 60s electro-mechanical pinball machine such as these babies:
buckaroo.jpg

The head is bolted to the body with two bolts which are accessible from inside the head. There will be two or three very sturdy multi-pin connectors which you unplug- it is literally five minutes work to separate head and body.

The narrowest dimension of the body is between the top and bottom of the cabinet, but I don't have a machine here at the moment to give you dimensions- I have never had a problem moving machines around in various houses and flats I have lived in though.
stoxman22

Post by stoxman22 »

Thanks for that guys. The pinballs in the picture are the sort I fancy for my cellar.